Chapter 21

"I have a... favor to ask of you Ms. Snow." The classroom is dark and cold and I can feel Snape's eyes burrowing their way into my head. Why did George have to leave but not him? I glance to my right my stomach churning, Draco. His icy cold eyes lock with mine. How can he look at me like nothing ever happened? I glare turning to look back at Professor Snape.

"You must not mention this to anyone. Not a soul Ms. Snow." I tilt my head my heart racing. What's going on? "A project for you and Mr. Malfoy. A cabinet, a vanishing cabinet to be exact. It needs to be completed before the end of the year, and you will pass Defense against the dark arts AND gain 100 points for the Gryffindor house." "Why cant anyone know?" I ask. His face looks annoyed at the fact that I questioned his proposal. "Or you can continue at the rate you are Ms. Snow. After all your grades have been dropping, rapidly..."

"So what?? Now you just have some project with Draco?!" George asks his brows furrowed. The people passing us in the halls look completely mesmerized by our fight. Their eyes follow us as they slowly make their way to class.

"You should've said no El." "Well I didnt really have a choice George." I huff shaking my head. "I messed up okay? My mom was the top in her class. I cant keep continuing this way. This is important to me." "So what I think isn't important to you? What I want isnt important to you?"

I burrow my head in my hands groaning, "Of course it is!" "Well then don't do this Ella. Don't put yourself in danger like this!" "God George! You act like I'm an idiot!" He glares at me turning to look at the stone wall next to us. "Whatever Ella. Go tell my brother instead. I'm done listening."

I feel my heart immediately sink and my chin quivers slighly his eyes still refusing to meet mine. "Low blow George." I whisper my voice cracking as I walk away. I might just go give Fred a visit now.
------‐----------------------------------------------------------