Chapter 13

George leads me silently up the stairs motioning to the rooms, labeling each of them as he passes. "There's Ron's and here's mine.." I smile at the scribbled out nametag that says 'George W.' on the solid oak. "I told my mom you could stay in my room so you didnt have to squeeze in Ginny's room with her and Hermoine."

"Always such a gentleman." I turn to him our lips locking gently before he pushes open the door leading me into the room. As soon as I enter it makes me smile. It's so...George. The countless books to study how to make his candies, the warm green bedding, and landscape paintings placed strategically around the wall.

He rubs the back of his neck shrugging, "It's not much but it's home." I walk towards his bed falling back onto the soft mattress the green duvet engulfing me. It's so comfortable. "I like it quite a lot George. It's very you.."

I'm shocked as he climbs on the bed above me hovering over me as I lay there. How is he so handsome? "In a good way?" He asks using his right hand to brush my hair away from my face. "In the absolute best way possible." I whisper feeling the electricity flying between us.

My cheeks are radiating heat as they get redder. He's just looking at me? His thumb trails down my face gently stroking my jaw. It's silent in his room but you can still hear the chatter of everyone in each of their rooms. "You're beautiful Ella." My stomach bubbles as I hear footsteps in the hallway. "You too."

I quickly sit up trying to compose myself. I've never felt so flustered before. "Thank you El, I always do feel beautiful." He whispers from behind me his breath warm against my ear. I'm so embarrassed. "Shut up!" I laugh turning and shoving him gently.

"Well I have to help my mom set up for her Christmas party tonight. She's invited her friends and she has some things planned for the night." A Christmas party? George never mentioned it before this. He usually is bad when it comes to plans but so am I.

He clears his throat as I watch him think for a moment hesitating, "I know this is kind of a given- but I dont want to be wrong and I want to make you happy- I dont really know the way to ask you- I'm a little nervous obviously- would you like to be my date?" He blurts out his ears red.

"George Weasley, there is no one I'd rather go with." I laugh him scooping me into his arms kissing my forehead multiple times before letting me go. "I'll see you then." He winks almost stumbling backwards down the stairs before heading down them in a flash. Stupid.

I walk back into his room examining my blue floral suitcase placed on his floor opening it. It's been really handy since Hermoine showed me that extension spell. "Accio dress." At least 10 different choices fly out landing across the room. Maybe next time I should pack a little lighter.

I pick up each of the dresses glancing at all of George's pictures and books as I go. Once I reach his nightstand I pause slowly lifting the frame so I can see it better. It's a memory of him and Fred in the snow during a snowball fight. I let my fingers trail across the glass as a snowball flys hitting Fred straight in the nose. I burst out laughing and sigh my eyes falling to the carpet. I miss him.

"He always did win." I gasp turning around my eyes locking with his. "Fred-" without even meaning to my hands let go of the picture frame. I stumble to catch it Fred reaching for it at the same exact time. His hands are wrapped around mine that had already caught the frame holding me gently. "Sorry.." I whisper my eyes refusing to meet his.

I can feel him searching my face before he takes the frame becoming cold and brisk again. He shoves it onto George's nightstand and I feel my hands shaking as they fall to my sides. He hates me. A heartwrenching stab shoots through my chest my chin wobbling. Oh geez. I dont even want to cry. So why am I crying?

He looks shocked at he turns back to me his eyes locking with mine. The one person I never thought I would hurt, is the one I hurt the most. "El?" My sobs come out short and quiet as I use my hands to cover my face. This is so embarrassing. "Ella please look at me." He whispers his voice cracking. I cant look at him, I look so stupid. "El c'mon." He pulls my hands away from my face forcing me to look at him.

His eyes are glossy and sad as he looks at me. I've never seen Fred cry before. "I'm sorry Freddie." He pulls me into his arms his body shaking as I sob into his sweater. It's soft and smells like him. "I hate myself for hurting you." My words come out blurred and almost inaudible as he nods listening to everything I say.

I gently pull away my eyes trailing the slopes of his wet red face. Him and George look so familiar but Fred's features are softer, his nose and face are rounder. He places his hand on my cheek his eyes searching mine before getting just inches away from my face, "Ella, I still love you. I'm not giving up."
-----------------------------------------------------------