Chapter 8

I'm such a liar, it makes me sick to my stomach. "Goodnight El." The twins say standing quietly outside the girls dormitory. I give them both silent hugs smiling gently. "Goodnight."

I lay in bed for what feels like hours before I finally think everyone has fallen asleep. Rolling to my side I slowly push myself off my bed only the tap from my feet hitting the cold floor making any noise.

It's so cold out, and honestly I didnt realize just how spooky it is out until I'm standing in the dark. "Lumos." I whisper holding my wand silently in front of me. Something feels off.

I continue walking picking up my pace when I hear a distinct snap behind me. "Hello?" I call out holding my wand in front of me. I squint my eyes trying to see further into the distance. I should have stayed home tonight. "Look who we have here, Ella Snow."

My stomach drops as I watch Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle all stand there wands ready. Draco looks smug with himself as the other boys watch him for their cue. "Shouldnt you be asleep? It is quite late. You wouldn't want to be caught by the wrong sorts." "Draco-"

It's so sudden that I barely have a moment to react my body beginning to shake as he grabs me. His hands are rough and unforgiving against my cheeks as he squeezes ruthlessly my eyes searching his. "You embarrassed me." He whispers in my ear pulling my face close to his. His Slytherin ring is cold against my jaw as he turns my head his breath warm against my ear. "You made me seem weak."

"I'm not apologizing." I wish that would have came out more confident, but instead I sound scared. My voice is wavering and I can feel my hands shaking. I'm so stupid. His face seems to bubble with rage and he squeezes tighter turning my eyes to meet his again. Unconsciously I drop my wand the pain shooting through my cheeks. Is he crazy? "What was that Snow?"

"D-draco, maybe just let it go... She is just a girl after all." Crabbe manages to squeeze out. Neither of the other boys are holding their wands up now. They generally seem shocked. "Shut up Crabbe!" Draco yells shoving me to the ground. Wood chips and dirt spray up as I try to catch my breath. Where did my wand go??

I watch as Draco's perfectly polished dress shoes land on it the wood just seconds away from being snapped, "Draco please!" I yell. He smirks slightly and I squeeze my eyes shut. I cant watch. I wait for the tears, or to hear the loud crunch but nothing comes except for a loud thump, and the scuffling of shoes running away.

I slowly peel my eyes open and I can feel the anxiety that was dripping from my pores slowly fade away. George hovers over Draco who is pinned against a tree whimpering quietly. "Touch her again Malfoy," his voice gets even quieter as he eyes flicker to look at me, "and I will kill you." He shoves Draco to the ground him immediately scrambling away calling out for his friends who are probably already back to Hogwarts grounds.

I sit there silently shocked by everything that has just happened as George slowly gets on his knees in front of me his familiar brown eyes meeting mine. "El, are you okay? I'm sorry I took so long." His voice is confident, which is comforting because nothing about me at the moment feels confident. It's a shock to hear just how quickly his voice went from chilling to the bone, to loving and caring.

He slowly takes my hands into his squeezing them gently, "I'm okay." I manage to whisper holding his hands and tightly as possible. "How did you find me?" He smirks slightly his eyes still searching my face. I can feel his eyes burrowing into the red marks left from Draco. "Let's just say that's a Marauder's secret." A Marauder's secret?

He slowly stands holding out his hand to help me up. I smile slightly, quickly taking it. He pulls me up and straight into his chest holding me against him gently. I breathe in deeply trying to get the scent of Dracos cologne out of my mind. George is so good to me. He always has been.

It's quiet as he looks down at me pulling various leafs out of my hair. How can he look at me like that? With so much love? This is all my fault after all. I did lie, and he knew but instead he still came after me.

He hesitates as he brushes my hair behind my ear, his hand landing on the side of my neck. His thumb gently traces my jaw those comforting eyes searching mine. The wind rushes past us the only thing keeping me warm is his touch.

He slowly begins to lean towards me our lips just inches away as he pauses, his eyes locked with mine. He's asking for permission. I want to so badly, but it's not fair to him. It's not fair because I look at him and want to kiss him, but I also feel the same way about his brother... "I-I'm sorry."

He chuckles slightly his hands falling away from me, but he sounds so hurt. It's forced and it's not his real laugh. "No, I'm sorry." His voice is quiet and it cracks as he turns away from me. I hate myself.

"We should really get back before anyone realizes we're gone." He says walking towards the school. "Yeah..."

Truthfully, I wish I could stay here with him. His hands against my skin and his lips leaving their trace on my lips. I wish we could stay and he would hold me and tell me how much he loves me, but it's not fair.

I have to choose. Which Weasley twin am I in love with?
-----------------------------------------------------------