Chapter 26

"George-" He swiftly places his finger over my mouth stopping me mid sentence. "Please just- El give me the chance. If you just give me the chance..." His voice is urgent and his eyes can barely meet mine.

"George listen to me." I demand turning his head so our eyes lock. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you, I'm sorry that I'm selfish. I'm sorry for telling you I love you, even though I mean it George. I mean it with every fiber of my body, but I know telling you hurt you more than it helped. I was just so angry." My hands are shaking as I hold his face my eyes taking in each of his features.

"I still love you Ella." "I love you too George."

I really do love him, but my love is hurting him. Maybe I'm what's Toxic. "Come with me." I silently pull him along with me his hand wrapped tightly around mine. He doesn't seem to want to let go.

"Where are we going El?" We've been walking for what feels like forever as I finally spot the large mahogany door. "In there." I pull out my wand whispering quietly, "Alohomora."

The large door unlocks revealing an abandoned office. We step inside my eyes flickering towards him. He still seems sad, but he didnt let go of my hand on the way here. "I have quittich soon El..." I almost forgot the game today.  "I should probably go apologize to Fred." He sighs shaking his head, "Wait-" I reach forward grabbing his robe holding it tightly in my hands. Dont leave yet.

"Ella- I need you to tell me something. If I- if I let you see Fred... is there a chance you would come back to me?" My heart is racing and his hands are gentle as he takes mine into his. "I know he's braver than I am, and stronger, he's really a lady's man, but honestly without him I'd be lost. Without the other we arent whole El. I'm who I am because of him. We wouldn't be so mischievous if we didnt have our partner in crime. So if you want this, and he wants this.. I can do that for you." He seems to really consider what he's saying but the pain coming from his voice makes me feel sick.

I'm so shocked by what I'm hearing that it takes a second for me to gather what to think. I never thought he would do that, put our happiness over his. "George, somehow I think I'll always end up with you. I dont know what it is, but this feeling I have when I'm around you its so comforting. I've always been so scared, but I when I met you... I wasnt so scared anymore." He nods slowly his eyes refusing to meet mine as they look at the old stone ground. He's really thinking as he gives my hands a slight squeeze before letting them fall.

"Then this is it. For now." My stomach drops and I feel it again. Pain, real pain. Is he breaking up with me? "George?" My voice cracks his words leaving me stunned. "This isnt goodbye. If anything this is really my chance Ella. Once Fred has his chance you'll know..." I didnt even realize I was crying until he began to kiss the tears on my cheeks his lips leaving a warm trail down my face. "Please dont leave me George. I'm really sorry." "El, I'm not giving up." My mind flickers back to when his brother said the same exact thing. "I'm not giving up."
-----------‐----------------------------------------------------