Chapter 10

"Ms. Snow, who is your date this evening?" My eyes flicker from the dazzling pink drink in my cup the bubbles sparkling with each pop. "Mr. Weasley, Professor Slughorn." He smiles, "Oh Rupert?" "Oh no not..Ron, George Weasley sir." I laugh shifting my weight in my heels."Ohhh one of the twins, quite the characters they are. Well anyways- enjoy your night Ms. Snow." "You as well Professor."

As I watch him walk away my eyes land on an extremely stressed out Hermoine, she's wearing a soft peach dress with an elegant golden necklace and cream heels. She seems as if she's trying to hide. "Hermoine?" I smile walking towards her relief rushing across her face. "Ella, have you seen Harry? I've been looking for him everywhere.." I shake my head adjusting the elegant short green dress. The fabric is tight against my skin and hugs my body in all the right places.

George agreed to match with me tonight so if I could just find him... "No, have you seen George?" "No... if you find Harry let me know." I nod my eyes searching the room restlessly. This isnt like everyone. I walk through the entrance people chatting respectfully outside. It's silent as I walk the corridors searching for any sign of red hair when I watch a door form. My stride immediately stops and my heart races, the room of requirements? I take a step forward and I slowly push the heavy door open just slightly so I can get through silently.

As I step inside it's quiet, but then I hear what sounds like a cabinet opening and closing. Then I spot his white hair. My immediate reaction is to hide and slip out. The sight of him sends me into a panic. I can still imagine his cold hands against my jaw, his unforgiving eyes. What was Draco doing in there? Why would he ever need the Room of Requirements?

"Ella!" I turn around to see George with Harry and Luna relief flooding me. "Hello Luna. Harry, Hermoine needs you asap." He looks anxious and heads back towards the room Luna following humming to herself. "George Weasley, Where have you been?" I sigh brushing a piece of lint off of his suit.

My mind is still racing, this doesnt make sense. The room of requirement is for people that require it so what does Draco need so badly in there. "El, I'm sorry I was dealing with Fred." Immediately Draco drifts from my mind being filled with a resentful Fred. Since I chose George things have been messy. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." He whispers lifting my head so our eyes meet. "May I have this dance?" I take his hand as he pulls me back into the room placing one hand on my waist and the other in my hand. "So you're a dancer?" He leans forward pulling me against him our eyes locked. "Only for you Ella." He's gentle and silly as he leads me around the dancefloor giggles spilling out of me.

"Let go of me!" George stops immediately pulling me close to him as Draco is escorted into the room. As soon as he enters his eyes land on me. Everyone in the room stops to look at the scene. Lately a lot of rumors have been going around about Draco and I generally wouldn't be surprised. Not after his father got caught as a Deatheater.

Professor Slughorn looks shocked and bothered by the display happening. He steps forward placing his hand over the photographer's camera.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking upstairs. He says he was invited to your gathering." Mr. Filch says pulling Draco by the tuff of his shirt. "Okay I was crashing the party, happy?" He snaps Snape taking 3 brisk steps forward. "I will handle the boy..." "Of course you will...Professor." Draco snarls at Snape following him.

"Carry on! Carry on!" Slughorn says motioning for us all to go back to what we were doing. "You alright Ella?" George asks leaning down to get a better look at my face. "I'm fine let's just go home."
--‐--------------------------------------------------------------