Chapter 17

"Are you sure you feel okay?" George asks walking with me down the stairs. "Yeah I'm just super hungry." We both walk into the kitchen and Fred immediately catches my attention. He's making eggs and bacon humming quietly. "Freddie."

He drops his spatula his body turning to look at me. "El-" he gasps rushing towards me wrapping me in his arms. He's so warm and him and George are both wearing matching sweaters again. It brings back hope for me. "I'm so glad you're awake." "Me too." He clears his throat glancing at George, "I'm sorry about the other night too."

Later that night we all sit in the living room Molly placing presents in front of each of us, including me. Fred and I have been talking about Snape and how we're going to put a puking pastille in his morning coffee so we dont have to take the exam when we get back. Everything feels normal again. "Hang on! I have some presents upstairs too." I laugh motioning to Fred. "Come help me carry them?"

"Today has really been fun. I'm dreading going back to school." I say my eyes examining Fred who looks like he's deep in thought. "Ella, I'm going to do this and you cant freak out." "What are you talking about Fred?"

I turn to him, and I'm hit with shock as our lips collide his body pressing mine against the wall. At first I dont kiss him back but then my body continues on it's own. He's rougher than George and he bites more but he's not bad. His hands are wrapped in my hair as my hands clutch his muscles feeling them through his shirt. No-

I pull away shaking my head, "Fred, I cant." He lifts my head with his thumb his finger trailing down my lips leaving butterflies in my stomach. " I want you Ella. With or without him in the picture." He's holding me against the wall his eyes searching mine before going in to kiss my neck. "Dont test it Fred." I gasp my head buzzing with desire. "Ella dont act like he doesnt know. He would do the same thing if you had chosen me."

"And this one is for you." I hand Molly her present my hands clapping together. "Okay now open." Everyone ferociously tears away at their paper my body leaning against George's. He seemed anxious when I came back downstairs but I never have any intention of kissing Fred like that again.

I watch his face as he opens the present shock and joy spilling across his face. "How did you find this Ella?" I shrug kissing his cheek and ruffling his hair. "I have connections." He shows off the limited edition vintage candy making set. He's been talking about it for ages but its extremely hard to find. I almost had to sell my left arm to get that thing.

Everyone else chatters happily about their presents, Hermoine with her books, Ginny with the makeup I snuck her from the muggle world, Ron with his new quilt, Harry with the customized quittich gloves, Molly with the ceramic bird I made her, Mr. Weasley with the cologne I bought him, and then there's Fred. He's reading the back of the embroidered watch I got him. 'Mischief managed.' Is printed on the back.

George told me about the map after we got together. I had to be convinced he wasnt just stalking me with how much he was just showing up. "Here I'll put it on you." I walk towards Fred plopping next to him on the floor. I use the clasps to close it smiling with how well it fits him. "There. Now no more being late." I laugh and he smiles at me. "Thanks El. I love it."
-----------------------------------------------------------