Chapter 6

I'm so relieved. I take a deep breath and smile glancing at the ground. I'm so glad he doesnt hate me. After the way he reacted with George... I wasn't sure if he'd be so willing to just talk to him again, or me. They seem fine now though, they're both standing at the front of the group talking about Quittich practice smiling and laughing, Odd.

Suddenly I feel a strong shoulder shove me over knocking me on the ground, I didnt even have time to look up and process who it was before I heard his laugh. Tall, blonde hair, strong cologne. It has to be, "Malfoy-" "Watch where you're going Snow." He hisses brushing off his robe. "Sorry.." I mumble slowly standing and composing myself. "You're always getting into things you shouldn't huh Snow? Always hanging with filthy mudbloods."

His grey blue eyes are cold and unforgiving as he steps forward a lump forming in my throat. He didnt always used to be this way towards me. In reality we were quite close at one point. Everyone is watching us at this point, but when he says this he's just quiet enough so only I can hear. He wants me to savor the poison he was shooting at me. He wants me to hurt. "Just like your dead mother. My father told me she could have survived if she wouldn't have gotten involved with the Potters. You're going to end up just like her Snow. Keep it up. The dark lord has big plans."

There's a sharp shiver down my spine and I swallow heat rising up in my cheeks. He's ruthless, he always has been, since we were children. "Shut up Draco." He smiles chuckling with his friends and I feel the wand burning in my pocket. No- I cant hex him, but I can do this.

I quickly throw my fist forward it connecting with his face with a loud thump. Ouch! I wasnt his face to be that hard. I gasp waving my hand the pain suprising. The crowd that has now gathered around us begins getting rowled up Draco clutching his jaw and looking at me with utter disbelief. "You hit me!" "And I'd do it again!" I yell storming towards him ready to put this ferret in his place when I feel someone lift me off the ground from behind me and begin carrying me off.

"Put me down!" I kick and yell them shushing me ruthlessly. "Ella! Be quiet! Unless you want to get caught." Fred. He gently sets me down shaking his head. "That was quite the unexpected show." He looks stressed. "I'm sorry..." I whisper looking down the hallway expecting Mcgonagall to come racing after me. "I mean you did what had to be done. Maybe you shouldn't have done it in front of the entire school, but it sure did make it a lot funnier."

Someone rushes down the hallway a pit deep in my stomach Fred immediately pressing me against the wall behind a pillar. "Guys?" "George!" I step out from behind Fred rushing over to him quickly. He quickly wraps me in a hug. "That was one hell of a show El, but somethings off. Draco didnt report you. I immediately step out of his arms my head snapping up so my eyes can meet his, "What?" Fred whispers "That doesn't make sense.."

I stare at the old mahogany table my mind racing with a million thoughts. What is going on? When I finally look up my eyes land on the Slytherins who are all staring at me. Some of them look angry, but honestly some of them look envious as well. Hermoine glances back to see what's caught my eye and she shakes her head seeing them all. "Ridiculous. They're acting as if you've killed someone."

The sound of the large door suddenly catch my attention my head turning to see Draco. He looks furious and the left side of his face is becoming a bruise. His eyes search the crowd as they meet mine not letting go. Instead of giving me dirty looks he smirks and goes to sit with his friends at the table. "What was that?" Hermoine asks her face just as confused as mine. "I really wish I knew."

I shake my head trying to snap out of the slump this has all put me in. This was definitely not how I was expecting my day to go. Also my hand honestly hurts, I glance at it on the table inspecting the purple and green bruise that is forming. Geez- I really shouldn't have hit him.

The loud boom of Dumbledores voice signals everyone to become silent as we all turn to look at him. "Goodevening students, I hope you are having wonderful days; however, I have been aware that some violent acts have occurred on school grounds. Let me remind each and everyone of you that these acts are Prohibited." At the end of his sentence his eyes land on me my heart beginning to speed up. "Now you may begin."

"El are you going to eat?" George asks glancing at me. I honestly was so spaced out that I barely realized everyone else had already started. I can still feel Draco's eyes on me from his table. He doesnt even look angry anymore just, satisfied. I've seen him like this before, but it has never led to anything good.

I look up from the empty table next to us towards my plate, and I realize that all of my favorite things are already on it. Fred and George are chatting like they didnt do anything but I already know it was them. They're the only ones who have ever cared enough to ask me what I like to eat. They've always wanted to know more about me.

I smile to myself taking a small bite of Mash finally tuning in on Harry talking about Quittich. He seems so passionate. I place my hand next to Freds his eyes quickly flickering to look at it. He's trying to be nonchalant, but the red on his cheeks is completely giving him away. He slowly slides his hand into mine intertwining our fingers gently.

I feel my stomach bubble and I'm just hoping my face isnt as obvious as Fred's. He slowly traces the bruises on my knuckles with his thumbs a slight ache and tingle on the spots he touches. His hands are slightly rough but they're still soft. There are slight calluses on his hand from where he's held his wand and practiced over and over.

Once everyone begins to stand and pack up their things I slowly slide my hand out of Fred's. Normally my hands are so cold, but right now they're warm.

As we walk back to the common room Fred and George talk about some candy they want to create that will melt Draco into a puddle. Wild ones they are. I smile to myself, "I'm going to Hagrids. Come with?" I forgot to tell them earlier but I'm sure they're willing to come still. They glance at each other pretending to hesitate, "I dunno Ella. What's in it for us?" Fred asks. I sigh shrugging my shoulders as I walk towards them both. "My complete and undivided attention." I say softly my eyes meeting George's and then Fred's. "Okay."

We walk outside and the boys tease me gently about what happened earlier doing everything in their power to make me laugh. "El? Wrong way?" I had turned away from them for just a moment before realizing where I almost led them. They cant know about that, its prohibited.

"Sorry! I just got sidetracked." I giggle it coming out slightly hesitant and nervous. "Let's go."
-----------------------------------------------------------