Adjustments

Rikimaru's point of view

As I walked toward the edge of the roof, I saw why Ayame liked to be here. I sat down and looked at the sky. I watched the moon go down as the sun rose.

I liked watching the moon go down as the sun rose up. The balance the two have, going in eternal harmony. As the moon goes down and the stars fade, the sun knows to rise and bring beautiful colors to the sky. It is as if one beautiful moment gets a followed by another. The dark sky full of small lights turns to one giant light that brings brighter colors to the world.

It was an astonishing view, it made sense why Ayame liked it up here. It was far enough to be away from everything else, but not so far you could not be there in a second. It was as if taking a break from the world, and being your true self.

As I stood watching the night turn to day, I heard something come towards me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Looks like I have to look for my own spot now, huh." A familiar voice spoke.

I opened my eyes as I exhaled. "Not at all, I just could not sleep. I am sorry, you may stay and do what you came to do." I said.

"No it's fine. Honestly I don't do much up here. Are you okay Rikimaru?"

"I am fine Ayame. It is just adjusting takes time, it is nothing to be concerned about." I said as I stood by the edge.

Ayame stood next to me. "That's true, adjustments do take time." She looked off to the distance, then looked back towards me. "Well if you do need anything, you know where to find me." She said with a little laugh.

"I see why you like it up here, I am sorry for intruding, but I could not think of anywhere to go." I said as I looked at the clouds.

"It's okay, I always come here when I don't know where to go or what to do." Ayame said as she sat down.

"Do you need help with anything?" I said with concern.

"Why do you ask?" She said as she looked up at me.

"You said you come up here when you do not know where to go or do." I said as looked down at her.

"No, I'm fine. There are times I come here just to come." Ayame said as she got back up. "I am sure Princess Kiku is awake. If you need me, you know where to find me." She said as she walked away.

"Ayame." I said as I looked at the sun. "Thank you for allowing me to come here" I nodded.

"It's fine Rikimaru, but don't let anyone else up here. If you do, you'll regret it." She said before she left.

Ayame has always tried to be strong. She does not allow herself to be run by emotions. She has more control than her emotions do on herself. I admire that, and wish to master that. I always believe I controlled my emotions, but then something comes along and I feel helpless trying to control my emotions. I have gotten better dealing with my emotions but sometimes I do not know how to comprehend them. Yet, more and more it seems that I gain more control over my emotions.