Back

Rikimaru's Point of View

Ayame. That was my last thought before I ran to the portal.

I knew she is capable of protecting Lord Gohda on her own. She has done it before, but I know as a team we are unstoppable.

I hope she had reached Lord Gohda before anything had reached him. I looked around and saw large piles of rocks. This must have been the cave we were stuck in, but why take us to a cave?

I walked around observing the remains of the cave and then a pile of rocks started rumbling. I walked towards the pile to see what was causing it to shake, just before I reached the pile, the pile exploded. I fell back as rocks came flying my way. I heard something, it sounded familiar, like a voice. I got up and stealthily walked towards the voice.

"Foolish girl," said the voice, I hid behind rocks and slowly got closer "she should have finished me when she had a chance." It was a person, they got up and I knew who it was.

"Kagami" I spat under my breath.

Lady Kagami started to walk off. "You are such a terrible ninja," she laughed "come out and stop hiding like a coward." She said as she stopped.

"Lady Kagami..." I said as I got up. "How did you survive?" I asked as I got my blade out.

"There is no need for that Rikimaru." Lady Kagami calmly stated. "You spared my life, therefore I will not take yours...."

"What are you talking about?!" I spat.

She turned around and began to walk towards me. "You had an opportunity to finish me off," Kagami was right in front of me "but instead you left me and decided to sacrifice yourself."

"I thought the cave would finish you off." I said under my breath.

"You and I both know, it takes more than nature itself to finish a job." She laughed. "Either way, you knew I would survive."

I remembered the vision of Kagami and Tastsu falling off the rocks, that seemed like ages ago.

"What are you and Onikage planning?" I asked.

"Onikage and I are done." Lady Kagami said as she began to walk off again. "I knew he was using me, but I had to get the one thing I should have never let go..."

"What are you talking about?!" I questioned. "What is Mei-Oh planning?" I began to follow Lady Kagami.

"For that, you must ask Onikage" Kagami stated as she walked around me "I was merely a distraction but now I am finished."

"Distraction?" I said with confusion. "For what?"

"Why don't you go find your lovely Lord Gohda and ask him." She laughed.

"Kagami if you so laid a hand..." I said as I grabbed my blade.

"You as well as I know that our issues are not with each other." Kagami said calmly as she moved towards the Izayoi.

"If you really believe I have something to do with what Mei-Oh has planned" she said as she grabbed the Izayaoi "then finish me off, right here right now." She put the izayoi to her neck.

Should I believe her? I had no time. I had to go check on Lord Gohda.

I took a deep breath and ran off.

"Very well," Kagami said "it looks like you are becoming very wise, ninja." She said as she walked off and disappeared.