Reunion

Ayame's Point of View

As I ran towards the village, a thought came to my mind. Would he help me? I knew his days of fighting along the Azuma Ninja's were gone, but it is for the best.

I can't doubt myself. I must do this.

I ran through the village looking for that house, but it seemed everywhere I went was a dead end.

It started to rain, heavily. Great, just perfect, I thought. Then in an instant lighting hit the ground right in front of me, luckily I jumped back just in time. As I got my balance back I looked up and I saw something off the distance. As I walked towards it lighting hit in front of it. That was it.

I found the house.

Relieved I walked through the pouring rain trying no to be detected. I finally was at the door. I looked up towards the house to look for another entrance and found an open window. I shot up and crawled through the window.

He's here. I could feel his presence.

I walked down the hall way and slid open the door.

"Hmm... Ayame it has been awhile" He said as he was sitting facing the other side of the room.

"Good to see you too." I said as I walked towards him.

"What brings you here?" He said in a calm tone.

"I need your help." I said. He didn't move.

"What seems to trouble you?" He asked still motionless.

"It's Rikimaru..." I said in a serious tone. His head turned to me.

"What do you and Rikimaru need from me?" He asked.

"We need your help."

"For what?" He said as he turned his head back.

"He's missing." I said as I walked towards him.

"What, what do you mean?" He said sharply as he got up.

"Tesshu," I said in a breathy tone "I need your help to find Rikimaru."

"How can I help you?" He said as he still faced the other way and turned his head.

"Because I can't do this alone." I walked towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Will you help me?"

"I accept." He said as he turned and looked at me. "You need some rest, stay here and we will start tomorrow."

"Thank you." I said

"It is no problem, I will help with what I can." He said as he walked towards the door. "Now we both must rest, there is a unknown journey coming our way." He closed the door.

I laid down and got ready to rest. I haven't been able to sleep much since I was separated from Rikimaru, I was worried. I didn't know why, I trust he can take care of himself but it has been a while since I last saw him and he has not tried to contact me or Lord Gohda. This just felt strange to me, but I must not worry, worry only causes fear. Fear is something I don't have anymore. I got lost in my thoughts and fell asleep.

I woke up as the sun hit my face, I slept, finally. I got up and felt refreshed, it has been awhile since I slept and for that long also. I walked towards the window and looked outside. It was beautiful, that's why I enjoy storms. After every storm, there is always a beautiful rainbow, and clear skies.

"Ayame," a familiar voice said "are you ready for our departure?" Asked Tesshu.

"I'm always ready." I said looking out the window feeling confident. "A new day always brings new beginnings." I said to myself as I took a deep breath.