Live and Learn

Rikimaru's Point of view

~Memories~

I awoke as the sun began to fill the room with light.

"Oh no!" I said as I got up. I got dressed and ran outside. I had to run to the small house on top of the hill. The sun was halfway out and began to take place of the moon. I ran faster trying to make it before the sun fully came out, but there was one problem, I did not know where the house or the hill was.

I knew I could not be late, he told me I could not be late. It was my first time, maybe he would make an exception. I finally stopped to catch my breath. I had no idea where I am supposed to go. I began to walk, maybe I could find the hill or the house with a clear view of everything. The only thing I saw was a tree. I was lost so I began to walk towards the tree. As I walked towards it, I noticed it was a beautiful tree, it was a cherry tree. I walked around the tree feeling the trunk and leaves off the branches.

"Why are you feeling the tree?" A voice said.

"Um, I do not know" I said as moved back "sorry I did not see anything, I am lost." I said trying to find the voice.

"What are you looking for?" The voice said, it was coming from the tree.

"Oh um, the house on top of the hill...." I said walking around the trees looking up at the branches.

"The house on top of the hill..." The voice said "look towards the sky, when the time is right. When you see the light, take a right."

"What?" I asked. "What do you mean?" I said confused.

"You don't have much time." The voice said.

"Look towards the sky when the time is right? When you see the light take a right?" I asked myself. I looked towards the sky. "Look towards the sky..." I said as I saw the sky change colors "when the time is right" I looked around "when you see the light" I said as I looked towards the sun "take a right" I said as I turned around.

"Sorry I am late." I said as I knelt.

"Your first day, and you start with tardiness."

"I am very sorry, it will not happen again..." I said. "Master Shiunsai."

"Very well," Master Shiunsai said as he walked towards me "Rikimaru."

"Master...?" I said.

"Lesson one," he said as he looked down at me "never question my decisions."

"Yes Master." I said as I tensed up.

"Tatsumaru," Master Shiunsai said "it is very nice to see you here."

I looked up and saw Tatsumaru right next to me. He had something in front of him on the ground. What was it? It looked like a blade? I did not know what it was.

"Master..." Said Tatsumaru as he knelt and held it towards the master.

I finally saw what it was, it was a sword.

"Master, I believe Rikimaru is ready for this sword." Stated Tatsumaru as he looked up at Master Shiunsai.

"Hm," Master observed the sword "you believe he is ready though he has not even had any training?"

"Yes," Tatsumaru said with confidence "I believe he is capable of many great things, and I believe he is stronger than he looks."

"Very well." Master Shiunsai said. "Rikimaru," I looked up as he looked towards me "do you believe you are ready?"

"I-um, I-I do not know." I stuttered.

"Your first lesson, Rikimaru, is to look deep inside yourself to find your answer." Master said as he walked away.

"Look inside myself?" What does he mean?