Chapter One

"Don't go out without telling us, we don't want you to get hurt"
I sighed out loud as I think of Izumo's warning and how I completely ignored his and my brother, Mikoto's, wish.
I look down at my black leather watch as the sun rises. 6:24 am. I should probably be heading home before anybody ends up noticing.
I take one last glance at the sunrise before carefully and quietly going down the fire escape stairs, abandoning the rooftop of the empty building I was just standing on.

Once my feet finally touch the concrete of the ground, I pull up the black hood of my jacket and fix my stockings before making my way home. After all, walking around town with my vibrant red hair showing would just be in invitation for gangs that want to stir up trouble with HOMRA to come attack me. Being the red kings younger sister wasn't always the safest
As I begin walking, I pull out my phone and earphones before plugging them into my ears and turning on my music. I've always had a love for English music, going as far as becoming fluent in the language.
I hum along to "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse as I maneuver my way through the alley's of the urban side of Shizume City, knowing my way around very well.
It takes me about an hour to finally see the bar. I carefully go around to a back door and take out my bobbin pin from my hair and pick the lock. Once I successfully open the door, I make sure to close it quietly and tiptoed upstairs to my room.

                       ~•~•~•~•~•~

"I found the back door unlocked this morning, do you remember if I locked it yesterday?" I freeze as I hear Izumo ask someone. Fuck, I forgot to lock it back again this morning. I mentally scold myself before I compose myself and go down the rest of stairs as normally as I can.

"I'm pretty sure you di- Ah! Naomi-chan, good morning did you sleep well?" Tatara asks as he spots me entering the bar area where he and Anna sat at while Izumo polishes a wine glass behind the bar.
"Yeah" I mumble before sitting next to him and laying my head down on the counter.
"You alright Naomi?" Izumo asks.
"Yeah, just tired" I mumble
"Then go back to sleep silly!" Tatara answers brightly
"Can't" I say before sitting back up. Despite getting home around 7:30 am, I woke up around 10 am today. I normally can't sleep for more than 5 hours which is why I always go night exploring. But of course, they don't know that.
Izumo slides a cup of water my way and I flash him a small smile before taking a sip from the polished glass.
Tatara and Izumo go back to discussing the mystery of the unlocked back door while I continue to look at my reflection in the glass: my vibrant red hair tamed into a messy side braid, my choppily cut bangs that cover my forehead, and the bags around my Amber colored eyes that match my brothers. I snap out of my reflection when I see a little girl with white hair next to me. I turn around on my bar stool and meet a pair of red eyes looking through red marbles. I stare back and let her continues observing me before she finally puts down her marble and looks me directly in the eyes.
"Hi Anna" I flash her a small grin.
"Hi Naomi. What did you do to your hair?" She asks curiously as she looks at my side braid
"I braided it"I answer simply
"Is it hard to do?" She asks genuinely curious. I barely shake my head no before she asks "can you do it to my hair?" With a hopeful look in her eyes.
"Yeah sure" I agree. I mean I can't just say no to her. She's too adorable.
I stand up and head to the couch before sitting on the edge and motioning Anna to sit between my legs on the floor. She eagerly sits down and let's me do whatever.
As I begin to weave through her fine hair, HOMRA members begin to come in. It takes me about 5 minutes to comb through and braid her long hair tightly and in those 5 minutes, Yata, Fushimi, Kamamoto, Bandou and Shouhei arrive.
"Hey Kusanagi-San, what's up?" Yata greets as he sits at the bar. They all begin to talk and greet each other while Anna goes over to Izumo to get a cup of juice. All while this happens, I quietly go over the stairs to go back into my room, it's too loud here.