Chapter Twenty Eight

Everywhere she looked, everything was charred. There was basically nothing left in the once fully furnished room except for her rescuers and herself. All she could remember was a big fire explosion and everything going blank. Her hands tingled as she desperately tried to remember any clue as to how in the hell she and certain people were alive. Naomi looked away from her hands and over to where she last remembered Ryu was. There was no trace of him left except for a destroyed ring and scraps from his clothes. He really is finally gone

The words "fucking hell" finally rang through her head and she looked in the direction it came from. Yata was finally standing up from the debris as were the others standing on their feet and moving their limbs

"Yata-san! King! Are you guys all alright? Did you find-- Naomi! Oh my god you're alive!" Tatara quickly rushed from the stairs and collapsed right in front of Naomi. His arms instantly wrapped around her frail frame, just to prove to himself that she was real and alive.

"H-how are you alive? How are any of you alive? Even we felt the heat from all the way outside" Tatara asked as he looked around to the other men, waiting for an answer.

"I-I don't know. I have never experienced something as such" Munakata examined his broken glasses, his face contorting in puzzlement.

"Maybe it was Anna? She maybe somehow protected us with her power?" Yata suggested.

Mikoto remained silent throughout the whole exchange. He too was curious as to how they were all alive, especially his sister who was already in a weak state with seemingly no power to protect her. Yet deep inside, he knew not everything was what it seems.

Mikoto made strides to his sister as she feebly stood with the help of Tatara. As he approached her, she stared at him for a brief moment before her eyes welled up with tears and she desperately clung onto him.

"I've fucking missed you"

"I've missed you too" Mikoto mumbled as he wrapped an arm around her and lifted her into his arms as he calmly descended the stairs, leaving everyone else behind.

~~~

Upon reaching outside, Naomi and Mikoto were swarmed by red and blue clansmen. Medical professionals pushed their way through the crowd and cautiously approached the frail girl. With a nod of permission from Mikoto, the trained staff took Naomi from her brothers arms and to a nearby ambulance where they examined her for any urgent injuries. Naomi sat there quietly and spaced out as they looked over every inch of her. As she came more aware of her surroundings and feelings, she noticed her body felt utterly exhausted and her hands still had a tingling sensation on them.

"Ms.Suoh? Are you there?" a paramedic flashed a light into her eyes, making her blink feverently.

"Uh yeah, sorry" she mumbled.

"You're fine. Can you follow my fingers with your eyes real quick?" and proceeded to move his finger in various directions. Naomi barely complied, her eyes a little slow to keep up with the sudden movements.

"Alright. Thank you Ms. Suoh. surprisingly, you did not sustain any serious injuries as far as I can tell, just a concussion. Are you in any pain of any sort?"

"Not really, just tired. Really tired. Also, my hands feel, I don't know, tingly? They just feel really weird?" Naomi explained slowly

"Do they feel like they're asleep? Or are they in any pain?" the medic asked, genuinely perplexed.

"Well, no. they're not in pain and it's not like their asleep because I can still feel them. It just feels, I don't know, as if I just did a bunch of work with them"

"Hm well I don't kn-"

"How is she doing sir?" Munakata approached Naomi and the medic, with Seri and Kusanagi following behind. Kusanagi moved closer to Naomi where she instinctively moved her arms around his torso with him returning the favor

"Good to see you again kid" he mumbled into her ear. Naomi could only nod her head before she moved away and paid her little attention back to the professional.

"Ms.Suoh is interestingly fine. She sustained no serious injuries except for a concussion. Other than that and a sensation she feels in her hands, she's okay"

"Sensation in your hands? Explain" Munakata asked.

"Well I don't know. They just feel tingly and exhausted. I don't know how to describe it" Naomi looked down at her hands, as if the answer was written on her ghostly white hands.

"Interesting"
"I still believe Miss Suoh needs to go to the hospital. I want them to take a closer look at her and make sure she isn't dehydrated or anything. If all is well, you should be able to go home today" Naomi only nodded, not wanting to go to the hospital.

"We'll meet you there okay kid? Don't worry, we'll all see you soon" Kusanagi patted her shoulder before walking off. Munakata and Seri both thanked the paramedic before they all retreated. The last thing Naomi saw before the ambulance doors closed was Munakata, Seri and Kusanagi huddled around in deep discussion.

——
Hello everyone, hope you enjoyed this update! As always, let me know what you think. Seeing your support always makes my day :)