Chapter Six

It's been a week since my graduation dinner and things went back to normal afterwards the only thing different is now my mind is always on the future and what I'm going to do with my life. It's just been a bit overwhelming

"Hey Naomi you alright?" Mari interrupts my thoughts. I look across at the tired university student with her short hair tied back, with a textbook, notebook, pen and laptop sprawled out in front of her on the table we share.
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
"I don't know, you just stopped reading your book and you keep staring outside. You sure you're alright?" She puts her black pen down and takes a sip of her coffee
"Yeah I'm just thinking over some stuff I guess" I answer
"Wanna tell me about it?"
"Uh well I don't know. I mean I'm happy I graduated and stuff but there's just this talk about the future and I don't know what to do with my life. Not to mention I'm trying to get a job so I can move out. " I sigh after my rant, taking a sip from my hot green tea.
"Ah I see. Well the future is pretty scary, I can tell you that but things will be okay.you don't have to know right away, just relax and whatever happens happens you know? And as for the job and moving out thing, I can get you a job at the diner with me and once you get paid and if you want to, you can move in with me" my eyes light up at suggestion. Living with Mari would be amazing. She's already become my best friend and we share so many things in common. She's the sister I never had.
"Yeah, I guess you're right" I mumble
"Duh, anyways onto better topics, I haven't given you your graduation present" she smirks
"You didn't have to"
"Yeah well I did. So, how you feel about going to a concert with me tonight?" She pulls out two tickets to see a Japanese rock band. As I look at the ticket carefully and see which bands will be performing, I gasp
"Fuck yes oh my god! Thank you so so much Mari" I leap over and hug her
"Yeah yeah no problem. Just make sure it's alright with your brother. Oh and you'd probably have to crash at my place since we'd be getting out pretty late" she says
"Yeah of course! Alright I probably have to ask them in person so I'll text you what they say alright? Hopefully I'll see you later. Thank you again Mari!" I say as I get up and give her one last hug before racing out of the cafe and to the bar.
The bar is as loud as it usually is but I don't mind it at the moment. I go over to Izumo and ask him for Mikoto
"He's in his room with Tatara and Anna, why?" He questions.
"No reason, thanks" I say in a giddy voice as I flew up stairs and to my brothers room.
I knock on the door before I enter. There sits Mikoto and Anna on a couch while Tatara sits on the arm of the couch, next to Anna.
"Hey Naomi, you're home earlier than usual. Everything alright?" Tatara asks concerned.
"Yeah, everything's great. I just kind of need to ask Mikoto something" I say a little uneasily as I move my gaze to my brother
"Can I go to a concert with a friend tonight? She also wants me to crash at her place since we'd be getting out late" I ask, hoping he says yes.
The room goes quiet for a moment before a voice speaks up.
"Don't take this the wrong way Naomi, but you have a friend? And it's a girl?" I look back and see Izumo with a shocked expression on his face
"Sorry for intruding, I was just curious as to why you asked for your brother" he apologizes
"It's alright. And yeah I do have a friend that is a girl. Her names Mari, anyways can I go please?" I ask, no beg. This is me begging. I don't normally ask for things and I rarely beg anyone, especially Mikoto
"King?" Tatara looks over at Mikoto
"You can go, be home by noon tomorrow" is all he says. I break out into a grin before thanking him and sidestepping around Izumo and to my room.
I text Mari and almost immediately, she responds saying that she'll pick me up in 40 minutes. I send her the address of the bar before pulling out my black and red checkered backpack and begin packing the things I'll need for tonight and tomorrow.
"Hey Naomi?" Tatara knocks on my door. I go over and unlock and open the door before going back to packing.
"You seem pretty excited. Anyways, who is this friend and how come we've never heard of her" Tatara asks as he lays onto my bed
"Hey name is Mari and I met her a couple of weeks ago. She and I have already become pretty close" I shove my pajamas into my backpack
"Oh really? How old is she?"
"She's 23" l answer, going over to my closet and choosing clothes for tomorrow.
"Wow she's older than me" he laughs a little
"Yeah she is. But she's really nice and interesting. You'd like her" I bring over at him before going to my bathroom and getting my toiletries.
"Will I meet her soon?"
"Probably. She said she was going to stop by to pick me up so maybe if she feels like coming inside" I finish putting all my things inside my backpack and zip it up.
"Well hopefully I do get the pleasure of meeting her. I'll leave you to relax, just call me when you're about to leave" he gets up and ruffles my hair before leaving and closing the door after him.
I take off my shirt and jacket and exchange it for a black tank top and a white and black flannel over it. I comb through my hair and leave it down. I plop on my bed and listen to music as I wait for Mari to text me what she's here.
20 minutes later and a ding from my phone interrupts my music.
From Mari:
Yo I'm here.

I get up and pick up my backpack before slinging it onto my back. I head out into the hallway and down the stairs where homra is still chattering away.
"Hey I'm leaving. I'll see you guys tomorrow" I go over to Tatara, Izumo and Anna. Tatara gets up from his spot and escorts me outside where Mari sits on her motorcycle.
"You crazy fucker" I laugh as I see her.
"You know it" she smirks before looking over at Tatara
"Are you her brother?" She asks
"No, I'm their friend though. My names Tatara Totsuka, nice to meet you" he smiles as he holds out his hand to her. She extends her hand and shakes it before retreating back.
"Mari Shibata. Anyways we should get going so we can get there on time. You okay with riding a motorcycle?" She asks me
"Yeah I'm fine"
"Sweet. Well nice to meet you Tatara Totsuka, I'll be sure to bring Naomi back in one piece" she smiles at her before starting up her motorcycle.
"Okay, you two have fine and be safe! Call us if you need us" he says before we wave at him. I get behind her and hold onto her as she starts driving away.
As we drive through the busy streets of Shizume, the wind blows in our faces and through our hair, which feels great since it's hot outside.
After about 15 minutes of driving around, we arrive at an apartment complex. She kills the engine before we both get off and she leads the way to her apartment.
"Just leave you stuff wherever, later we'll fix everything" I leave my backpack on the couch as I look around a bit. It's pretty decently sized and it seems clean enough
"Ready to go?" I nod and we leave once again and begin our way to the concert venue.
The venue is about 20 minutes from where Mari lives and is outdoors. The venue itself Is huge and there are lots and lots of people, all looking forward to see the bands play.
"Our spots are over there towards the stage" she says as she hands me my ticket. We go over to the section and stand in the crowd of people with her as we wait for the concert.
"You excited?" She asks
"Hell yes. I've never been to a concert" I admit
"Seriously? Dude I live for concerts. Well I'm happy I get to be with you at your first concert"
"Yeah, thank you again Mari" I say
"No problem. Anyways, how come you didn't mention you lived at a bar?" She asks
"Ah it's my brothers friends' bar. Upstairs from the bar are rooms and stuff and that's where my brother, Tatara, Anna and myself live" I explain, hoping I can leave out the details about homra
"Sounds cool. Who's Anna?"
"Anna is this girl that lives with us because her parents died when she was younger. She's very nice and adorable "
"Aw cute. And that Tatara guy isn't that bad looking you know" she comments
"Please stop. I've known him since I was like 10" I shake my head in amusement
"Alright alright fine" she laughs in amusement. The lights begin to dim and the crowd starts to scream.
The night goes on and the bands come out and give a great show. Everyone jumps and yells the lyrics to the songs at the top of their lungs. By the end of the night, my throat hurts like hell and I'm sweating from all the jumping Mari and I did in the crowd.
"Holy shit that was amazing" I croak out, smiling
"It really was. Wanna go get something to eat before we head home?" She asks as she gets her keys out of her pockets
"Yeah let's go" we go over to her motorcycle and get on, heading over to a 24 hour casual restaurant
"So, thoughts on tonight?" She asks
"It was amazing. Mari thank you so much, I wish all my nights were as exciting as tonight" I grin at her
"Well I can't promise that every night will be this amazing but if you move in with me, we'd be having one hell of a time everyday"
"I would love to move but who knows if my brother would let me" I sigh out.
"It's ok if he says no, we can still hang out and go out a lot" she smiles as the waiter brings our food.
We start eating and talking about the concert when she stops and takes a sip for a second before looking up at me.
"Hey Naomi, can I ask you something?" She turns slightly serious
"Yeah sure" I put my chopsticks down
"What's going on with you and your brother? Seems like you two don't get along very well"
"I guess so. I mean I guess I can see why he's pretty hard on me but I always end up retaliating and we always just either ignore each other or argue"
"Why is he so hard on you?" She asks
"I tend to get hurt a lot. Something I didn't tell you is the he is the king of the red clan, also known as homra. All those guys that were in the bar when you got there were homra members. But that's not the point, anyways since I'm his younger sister, obviously other street gangs know about me. So, some hangs like to stir up trouble with homra by getting to me since I don't have powers or whatever" I tell the truth to her,
"Hm, I had a feeling that you had something to do with homra when I heard your last name and when I went to pick you up. I know about homra and I've heard the rumors about the clan and about the king. Well I understand why he is so overprotective of you. Which makes me think that he would probably say no to you moving out" she gives me an apologetic smile
"It's alright I had a feeling too. I just won't bother with asking. But still thank you" I grin at her
"Yeah no problem" we finish our food and pay before going back to her apartment. As soon as we hit her bed, we both fall asleep rather quickly, which is new to me.