Chapter Twelve

HOMRA was desperate. It had been more than 48 hours and nobody had stopped searching. She's has to be somewhere, she's got to come home.

"Mikoto," Izumo sighed out, catching the attention of the red head

"Hm?" Mikoto looked over his shoulder and at Izumo. Izumo couldn't help but feel bad for his best friend, he looked exhausted. More exhausted than usual. His hair was disheveled and he had bags under his eyes, more prominent than usual at least. And although Izumo was behind the bar, he could easily smell the cigarette smoke on Mikoto.

"We've searched everywhere and asked all of our sources. I think we should ask the blues"

"Hell no. The last thing I need is for them to get involved"

"I'm not particularly excited about working with them either but I think they could help. Let's just ask them Mikoto, if not, who knows when we'll see Naomi again" the bartender pleaded. Leaning onto the bar and dropping his head.

"Fine. But you're going to ask. I'm gonna go out again" Mikoto stood from his spot and ran his fingers through his hair before exiting out of the bar, Tatara, Izumo and Anna staring at him with frowns on their faces.

"Well anyways, Anna have you found anything?" Tatara turned and asked the albino girl.

Said girl sadly shook her head. "I can't find her and I don't know why. Something is...blocking her."

"We'll figure this out, just please keep trying"

Couple hours time skip~

The blond bartender took one last deep breath before entering the large building which is know to be where Scepter 4 works.

He walked in as confidently as possible, keeping his head up even though he knew that his eyes spoke differently.

"Izumo Kusanagi, what in the world are you doing here?" The voice of a certain assertive woman echoed through the empty entrance.

"Ah Seri-chan, just the lady I was looking for" Izumo managed to crack a grin at the lieutenant.

"State your business quickly, I have lots of things to do" Seri stated, shuffling through the papers in her hands as to prove her point.

"It's kind of a big favor I need to ask not just you but more like your king. Mind taking me to him?"

Seri Awashima was shocked to say the least, seeing the sincerity in the bartender's  eyes as he looked as if he was going to reach his breaking point in just a moment.

"Fine, I was just heading there anyways"

The two blondes navigated through the large building, Seri obviously leading, until they finally arrived at a set of double doors.

Seri firmly knocked on the door before hearing the ok to enter. The pair opened the door and there sat Munakata Reisi, sitting behind his desk and Fushimi Saruhiko standing in front of him, giving him a report.

"Miss Awashima, you've brought a guest with you" Munakata raised an eyebrow. "To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"I'm sorry to bring him without your consent but he has something to discuss with us, well, more like you" seri bowed.

Izumo took a glance at Fushimi before looking straight ahead at the blue king before smiling.

"Well Izumo Kusanagi, what is it that you needed?"

"Ah it's quite the predicament but to give you the shortened version of it, Naomi Suoh has been kidnapped" he stated.

Fushimi, who had said nothing since Izumo walked in, immediately turned to Kusanagi's direction, his eyes widening slightly.

"Quite the predicament indeed, so what is it that you needed from us?" Munakata asked

"Help searching for her. It's been more than a couple of days and we've gone out and looked for her along with ask our sources. At this point, it pains us to say this but we're desperate. We need her back home"

Munakata stared at the bartender, surprised at the information. For as long as he had known Mikoto and HOMRA, he knew of Naomi and how important she was at one point to them.

"Scepter 4 will help in finding Naomi Suoh. But does your king know you're here?"

"Yes he does, even though he wasn't too thrilled about the proposition. Either way, he came around and agreed"

Munakata nodded before standing from his desk.
"Well, Scepter 4 will take initiative. Awashima, Fushimi, gain information about the issue and get the rest of the special ops squad to run videos of the area. We will bring her back home"

"Hm, I'm happy to hear although slightly shocked to say the least. Didn't think you would be so quick to agreeing"Kusanagi commented.
"Yes it is  unusual but this is also a rather unusual case. Awashima, Fushimi, you two are dismissed. Why don't we take a walk around outside Kusanagi? It sure seems like a beautiful day" Munakata suggested, standing up from his desk.

"Of course" Kusanagi agreed, again still surprised at the acceptance of the blue king. The two men walked out after the second and third in command and began their walk around the perimeter of the building.

"Want one?" Kusanagi asked with, offering a cigarette to Munakata. Munakata hummed in thanks before letting Kusanagi light up the cigarette for both of them.

"How are things at HOMRA with Naomi's disappearance?" Munakata asked

"Hm, well how do I put it? Quiet I guess. Everyone's always out to go looking for her or information about her but they always come home empty handed. They eventually get angry, being the hot tempered guys they are and that's about it. One big cycle"

"What about Mikoto and yourself?"

"We're just tired. Nothing else to say. I haven't gotten much sleep and although Mikoto hasn't actually said anything to me I can tell the same" Kusanagi took another drag from his cigarette.

"I see. I can imagine that it would take a toll on you all. For as long as Ive known you and Suoh, I've known that Naomi was very special to you two. Even when Mikoto became king and began having clansmen, he never let Naomi go out because he didn't want anything to happen to her"

"That's right. She didn't mind too much when she was younger but as she got older, she got more annoyed and angry and so did mikoto and basically that's when they began parting from the close relationship they had. Honestly it's a big mess and I know Naomi doesn't think Mikoto cares for her anymore but he does. I just hope she knows that, wherever she is" Kusanagi let out. It felt good to let some of his thoughts out although it probably wasn't the best idea to do it all out to the blue King.

"Sorry for boring you with all that. But i think it's time for me to go anyways. Please let me know if you find anything"

"Will do. Don't stress too much,we'll find her" munakata reassured. Kusanagi flashed a grin before waving and beginning his way back to the bar.