Chapter Ten

It had been days, no, weeks. Weeks since Fushimi has left HOMRA.

At first it was awkward with Yata like a bomb with a short fuse. Anything you mentioned about saru and he'd get upset. Angry. He would yell or clench his fist but I know it was all out of hurt and betrayal.

Things became a little more smooth for a while until some gang was stirring up trouble and both the red and blue clans got involved. According to Izumo, it was awkward encountering Fushimi and almost instantly, Yata and Fushimi began fighting.

I only sighed when he told me that. They're never going to have peace together again and it was very unfortunate.

As for me, I actually avoided going out. I was scared of somehow encountering Fushimi so I restricted myself to only going to see Mari at the diner and the nearest book shop which didn't have nearly as many as the usual I went to.

Apparently, HOMRA has been worried about me. Worried that I was sick again or depressed or something. I can't say about either because I really don't know. I don't think I'm depressed or sick. I feel fine, just more tired.

Last night Mikoto came into my room, the first time since I was sick. He just wanted to ask if I was ok, with his deep rumbly voice that held no real concern in it. He probably only came just because Izumo and Tatara forced him.
The only response that he got was "yea" before I looked back down at my book, waiting for him to leave. Eventually he did and I was left alone again, just how I liked it.

I really am a strange person. I enjoy being alone only so I can be with the characters of a book. And when I'm not reading I only like listening to music or being with certain people. Mari, Tatara, sometimes Izumo-

And him.

Yeah. I miss his presence. Even the annoying tongue clicking was somehow reassuring. Probably because I felt as if it was consistent, something that'll always be there. I guess I never considered the possibility of him leaving HOMRA even though I knew he felt uncomfortable here.

"Naomi~ open up, I have some news!" Tatara knocked on my wooden door. I put on my glasses and blindly navigated myself from my bed to the door in my dark room, only stumbling on the books on my floor once.

"Yeah?" I asked, scowling at the hallway light that stung my eyes.

"We're going out tonight for dinner" Tatara grinned

"Who's 'we'?"

"Oh you know, HOMRA. We all go together remember? Now get your butt ready and hurry down stairs"

"I don't wanna go" I whine

"Too bad, it's a mandatory family dinner. See you down stairs" Tatara chimes before slipping away from my room. I close the door shut and groan out loud before turning on my bedroom light. I walk over to my closet and pick out a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt with a black jacket to go atop. I set out my clothes on my bed and fresh underwear before I start stripping. I didn't bother showering because I know I'll just be back home, in my bed. There's no point.

Once I changed, I combed through my fiery red locks and begging putting my socks and black shoes on. I also didn't bother putting on my contacts nor make up on.

I grabbed my phone and pocketed it before heading down stairs.

When I arrived downstairs, Izumo was polishing a glass and Tatara was with Anna. I say up on one of the bar stools near Izumo.

"Hey kid haven't seen you down here for awhile. Everything ok?" Izumo asked with a caring grin.

"Yeah, just kind of always tired to be honest" I sigh out