Chapter Twenty nine

Days passed and Naomi was officially home, again. She was dismissed from the hospital the same day she arrived and was cleared to go about her life, with strong suggestions of taking it easy and focusing on her mental and physical health.

The bar was still in the process of being reconstructed. The walls, floors and bar were reconstructed and they bought a new couch but otherwise, the bar floor was completely empty.

Naomi spent most of her time in her room. The once locked and closed door was now open and welcome to any visitors as she desired to not be alone yet didn't want to seem bothersome.

She sat in her bed, tarp spread all over her bed as she finished painting a sunrise she saw earlier that morning. Instead of going all the way to her usual bookshop, she woke up at dawn and watched the sunrise from the rooftop.

A small knock broke her concentration and she instinctively looked up from her canvas. Kusanagi and Tatara were at her door, looking as if they had something to say. "May we join you?" Tatara asked

"Sure" Naomi placed her canvas and paint brushes on her night side, pushing the tarp all onto one side of her bed. Kusanagi and Tatara carefully walked around the empty paint bottles, dirty brushes and random jackets thrown around the room.

"Honestly Naomi, when are you going to clean your room? I've told you time and time again" Kusanagi lightly scolded.

"Oh just leave her be. There's a method to her madness, right?" Tatara looked expectantly at Naomi

"Exactly. If I clean everything, I won't know where everything is." Naomi defend. Kusanagi could only roll his eyes at her response while Tatara took a seat next to her on the bed.

"So what's up?" Naomi asked

The two brother-like figures looked at each other before directing their gaze back to the little redhead.

"The Blues want to meet with us tonight, specifically you" Kusanagi stated

Naomi paused for a second before breaking her silence. "I don't want to talk about what happened" she stated quietly.

Tatara gave her a sympathetic look before putting his hand over hers. "It's okay, it's not about that. It's actually about something else. They want to talk about the explosion and your brothers reaction"

Naomi grew silent again, thinking about the entire scenario. The death glare her brother has, the heat, the yelling. It all happened so fast yet she was able to soak in every last detail.

"Are they going to lock Mikoto up?"

"Hopefully not. They're hoping Mikoto will never have a reaction like that again but who knows. Either way, please be ready around 6" Kusanagi sighed before ruffling her head, in hopes of reassuring her that everything will be okay.

"We'll buy you food, anything you want" Tatara offered

"Fine" Naomi rolled her eyes before leaning her head on his shoulder. 

"It'll be okay, I promise" tatara had whispered in her ear. Naomi could only sigh.

~~~
That evening, Naomi had complied with Kusanagi's request of being ready on time. Upon arriving down stairs, she met with Kusanagi, Tatara, Mikoto and Anna.

"Ready to go?" Naomi was only able to nod before walking out towards the van.

In what seemed like seconds but was actually 3o minutes, the white van arrived at the mansion like building.

"Nice to see you looking well Naomi" Seri greeted. Naomi nodded and said a quick hello before Seri began ushering them to Munakata's office. As they walked down the long halls, Naomi was trying to discreetly look for a certain lanky figure she had missed greatly.