Chapter Fifteen

Third person point of view

"Stop!" Was the last thing Naomi heard before the deafening sound of her rapid heartbeat took over. With fear written all over her face, she pushed aside the sharp pain in her ankle and sprinted up the last couple of stairs and across the large vacant room.

The room was dark and if it weren't for the two windows that were slightly cracked open letting in the moonlight, she wouldn't have been able to see where she was going.

Naomi panted while she ran, the door at the end getting closer and closer. By now, multiple people were behind her, trying to catch up. And because of her weak ankle and weak balance, they were starting to succeed.

Just as one man was about to reach for her worn out t-shirt, Naomi reached the door and flung it open.

Everything was hurting and the cold air was making her chest sting with every pant but that didn't stop her as she kept her skinny legs moving.

She managed to navigate through the dirty alley, dodging smelly trash cans and full dumpsters. She was almost there.

At that same time, Saruhiko Fushimi was walking near the area. Scepter Four had taken on the case of finding Naomi and they had a lead that led them to that area. He was just walking about, trying to keep himself alert and awake as he was exhausted. Exhausted with working all day and exhausted with the thought of Naomi not being safe. Although he hated them, he knew HOMRA took care of her well and cared for her.

As for his own feelings, he was still confused about it.

Just as he was walking by two buildings being separated by an alley, he hears the sound of fast footsteps and breathless pants. His head snaps to the alley way and his eyes narrow, trying to distinguish what was making the sound, while his hand slid to the hilt of his saber.

His eyes widened at the sight of a skinny frail girl with messy red hair and glasses barely on her face.

"Naomi!" He called out before he could stop himself. Just as he was about to run and meet her in the middle, a loud bang pierced through the night and through Naomi, followed by the thump of her body falling onto the ground.