Chapter Thirty

That night, HOMRA celebrated the return of Mikoto. Drinks were consumed, jokes were told and karaoke was sung. By the time 2am rolled around, Anna was in her bed sleeping and practically everyone was drunk or passed out, with the exception of Naomi.

From her spot on the new couch, she saw the silhouette of a man walk across. Just as her throat tighetend and her heart began racing with fear did the silhouette become illumminated and their identity was revealed.

Naomi let out a breath she didn't know she was holding when she realized it was just Fushimi. He quickly moved away from the window to not be seen from others. Naomi caught on and sneaked off to her room while everyone was busy with their drunken adventures.

Upon reaching her room, she closed her door after her and practicaqlly raced to her window to unlock it. Fushimi steathily climbed in and silently embraced her.

"What's all this about?" Naomi mumbled as she snaked her arms around his neck.

"Nothing. Just today I realized it's been a very long time since i've spent time with you"

Naomi smiled as the two just sat there, holding eachother, breathing in each others scent.

"I didn't think you'd actually be awake when I came"

"Yeah well everyone is celebrating the relase of Mikoto and I got roped into the festivities. It was fun until everyone got really drunk. Now they're being just fools"

"Tch, I can imagine" Fushimi said through his yawn. immediatley , Naomi took notice of the bags that were hidden behind his glasses and the overall tired look on his face.

"You haven't been sleeping have you"

"Haven't had much time now have I" Naomi rolled her eyes at his snarky remark before leading him to her unmade bed.

"Stay the night" Fushimi quickly raised an eyebrow at her accompanied by a teasing smirk, 

"At least take me out to dinner Nao-chan~"

"Ugh not like that!" her cheeks becomming pinker and pinker by the second.

"What I mean is that we don't get to spend much time together and as much as I'd love to talk with you all night, you need to sleep. We'd be killing two birds with one stone"

Fushimi thought it over as he stared at her white bed sheets that had a few specks of paint on it here and there. He knew it wasn't the most appropriate thing to do but his heart and eyes were saying otherwise.

"Fine. but i'll leave early in the morning before anybody else wakes up"

"Works with me" Naomi smiled with glee before going to her bathroom to change into her pj's and do her usual night routine. Upon returning from getting ready, Fushimi was already in her bed, his sweater neatly folded on a chair nearby and his glasses folded and on her night stand. Naomi quietly tip toes around her room and shuts off the light before crawling into bed with him.

Despite his eyes being shut, his arms wrap around her torso, surprising Naomi.

"I thought you were asleep" she whispers

"I was but I felt you get into bed"

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you"

"It's fine. Anyways it reminded me we needed to talk" despite the darkness, she was able to see his eyes open and look at her.

"Earlier. Your decision about your brother. Were you serious? Are you really going to commit yourself to HOMRA for the rest of your life?" he asked.

Naomi was silent and caught off guard, already forgetting the promise she made earlier.

"Well, I mean not forever. I'd like to leave one day, start my own life. But it's just for the meantime. I mean, HOMRA needed him and so did I. plus I have faith that as time progresses, he will calm down, maybe have more patience."

"I don't think I could ever imagine your brother having enough patience to never lose control again"

"I can, and i'm sure he will. Yeah I can physically keep him in check but Izumo, Tatara and Anna can keep him emotionally together. And I doubt they're going anywhere anytime soon"

Fushimi was silent for a minute before retracting his arms and wrapping them around himself under the covers.

"And what about us?" he murmured.

"Well, we'll figure that out later. Right now, I want to focus on getting better and getting my brother under control before I even think about telling him about us. Speaking of that, Munakata-san knows about us"

"Tch, I know. He came up to me today telling me to be careful. Said I was playing with fire." even in the night, she could see him roll his eyes

"Well, I think we'll be fine. Everything will work out, I'm sure. Now go to sleep, you need it"

"tch , good night"

"Good night"

Guess who's back from the dead (not really)
It's literally been forever since I've updated but I'm here!
As always, please let me know what you think ❤️