Chapter Seventeen

"Naomi Suoh, it is good to see you are well" the deep voice of Munakata rang through the uncomfortably quiet room.

I nodded in response, taking a sip from the tea Munakata made me. It was awkward if I was honest, just us two. But nevertheless, I sat here in front of Munakata Reisi, waiting for one of the Scepter 4 members to come and receive me for details.

"How has adjusting back at home been?" he inquired.

"It's been okay, I've been enjoying time with HOMRA. I never really realized how much I missed them until I got back" I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear as I looked back at him.

"Captain," a knock on the door was heard, "We're ready for her"

"Very well. Naomi, do you need help?" Munakata asked.

"No thank you, I'm fine" I flashed him a small smile before pushing up my glasses and carefully standing up. Munakata walked me to the door where he opened it and there stood Fushimi, looking bored as ever.

"I wish for the best recovery Naomi. Fushimi, treat her well" Munakata said before turning back and closing his office door.

Fushimi said nothing once he saw me, and continued to stay silent as we walked slowly through the hallways of Scepter 4's building until we reached an empty work space. Many chairs and tables were set but nobody was around. Fushimi pulled a chair out for me before taking a seat at another. He waited patiently as I slowly walked to the chair and sat.

"How's your shoulder" was the first thing he said as he shuffled through multiple papers.

"It's fine, just hurts when I lift it" I responded quietly, trying to avoid any kind of eye contact. It's time I move on from him. It's time I let go and not be hurt anymore.

"That's good" he muttered, taking me off guard. I definitely did not expect him to care.

"Do you know anything about your kidnappers?"

"Not really. I know they were a gang and the leader went by Haru"

"How did you find out and what did he look like?"

"He was tall and skinny with shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. That's as much as i remember. And I just asked him his name"

"And he just told you?" fushimi asked bewildered.

"Yeah, he kind of liked me. A lot. He admitted to stalking me" I mumbled, bringing my jacket around me closer.

"Tch" was all I heard from the blue haired boy. It was quiet for a few moments while fushimi scribbled on the paper what I told him. Suddenly, the silence was interrupted.

"Did he..touch or do anything to you sexually?" he asked hesitantly.

"No but he always tried to get me to sleep in the same bed as him. Not exactly sexually but still made me uncomfortable" the grip on his pencil significantly tightened before he asked "did you ever?"

"Of course not. That's why I have a fractured arm and a bruised cheek"

Fushimi let out a heavy sigh as he continued to write on his paper.

"Naomi," he suddenly said, gaining my attention. I looked at him and into his dark blue and suddenly remembered the crazed look they once held that day he kissed me.

Just forget about that Naomi.

"Yeah?"

"About that day where I kissed you" he said, looking anywhere but my face. My eyes also drifted elsewhere as I attempted to calm my rapidly thumping heart.

"I actually meant-"

"It's okay" we blurted at the same time, his widened eyes meeting mine.

"It's okay, i know it didn't mean anything. Don't worry about anything, I'm over all of it" I lied as I forced a small smile on my face.

"Is that all? I'm getting a bit tired" I continued to say anything just to get out of here as soon as possible.

"No actually it isn't, because I know you're lying."

"I'm not lying about anything"

"You're lying about being over me and the kiss"

"I am over it!" I exclaimed, getting frustrated . Fushimi stayed quiet for a moment before he leaned in and placed his soft lips on mine.

Forget him.

I jerked my head backwards, still surprised and slightly panting.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I just can't"

"Can't what?" he asked, not meeting my eyes

"Can't deal with you and I. different clans and different situations."

"Tch, we wouldn't have to deal with it if you came to Scepter 4 with me"
My head snapped up to look back into his eyes

"What the hell? no! " I said firmly.

"Why would you want to be around those useless gangsters"

"Because they're my family and were yours too"

"You sound just like Misaki"

"Well great minds think alike. Whatever Fushimi, I'm leaving" I began as I stood carefully.

"So you're just going to set aside yours and my feelings for a clan that you didn't even care for not too long ago?" he asked bitterly

"How do you know that I didn't care for them?"

"Well then do you care for me?" he asked.

A moment passed before I finally said "Of course I do. And clearly you don't care for me otherwise you would respect what I'm saying"

I walked back down from where I came from and out the doors to meet with Kusanagi.

"Hey how did everything go?" he asked.

"Fine" is all I said and I guess it was enough for him to know that I did not want to talk.

~|~
Once again thank you to MessyCoffee for making the super cool cover.
Sorry for being shit at writing and updating but thanks for sticking with & commenting n' stuff. Ily ❤️