Chapter Eight

Authors note~
First off I'd like to wish everyone a late happy holidays. I hope everyone's was safe and good. Second of all, I'd like to apologize for not posting in so long. I'm hoping I can manage posting once every two weeks. I'll let you know next update if that'll actually be a thing or not
And finally, thank you to everyone who has commented or favorited or added this story to their reading list, it really means a lot to me. Thank you all again and here is chapter nine

|-|-|-|

Two days came and went and I was finally discharged from the hospital but on strict rule to take my medicine every morning and night, to keep drinking fluids and eating healthy and to try to stay inside and rest. In other words, I'm back to being the same, the only difference is I don't feel like I'm going to die.
"Naomi are you hungry?"
"Naomi are you too cold?"
"Naomi do you want everyone to leave?"
All these stupid questions drive me insane, I know they're trying to help me out but it's just infuriating to be treated so helplessly
"I'm fine, just gonna go out for a minute" I mumble before getting up and wrapping my cardigan around myself tighter.
I step out into the brightness of outside and immediately squint my eyes. I look around and notice Fushimi is sitting on the curb by himself, a smirk on his face
"Hey are you okay?" I ask as I sit next to him. He suddenly chuckles darkly and shakes his head before looking back up at me
"Of course I am, Nao~mi" he smirks causing my stomach to erupt into butterflies
"F-Fushimi what the hell?" I stutter, feeling myself blush. This isn't like him at all.
"Oh, nothing little Nao~mi~, just thinking out here. I have to go" he smirks my way once more before standing up and leaving me with my blushing self.

I go back inside and I am immediately bombarded with questions once again
"Are you okay?"
"You tired?"
"Hungry yet?" I roll my eyes as I ignore all of the clansmen and grab my blanket from the couch. I take my blanket and head up stairs, ignoring everyone and avoiding eye contact, hoping nobody notices the blush still on my cheeks.
I head on upstairs to my room and plop down on my bed: what's going on with Fushimi? He's acting strange, I wonder what he's planning.

~•~•~•~

A couple of days pass and in finally fully recovered. So as soon as I wake up at 9am, I shower and get ready to go outside. I pull on my black shorts and gray Nirvana t-shirt with a black jacket over it and my black on black converse high-tops. I put on my contacts and tie my hair into a high ponytail before grabbing my messenger bag and hopping downstairs.
When I reach the first floor, nobody is there, not even Izumo so I quietly write a note saying I'm going out, and leave the bar.
Going outside, the first thing I do is go and grab my muffin that I have been craving and my coffee before going off to the old bookshop that has basically become my second home.

The minute I walk in, the old shop owner greets me with a warm smile on her face and hug. I return the gesture before looking around and picking a book
I head up onto the roof and sit next to a plot of daisies growing. I open up the book and I am transferred into a world of strange things.

My eyes flutter open as I hear the hustle of the city. So much for the nap I accidentally took while reading. I sit up and stretch before standing up and grabbing my things: it's time to get home, I'm hungry.
I head back inside and down the stairs and say farewell to the shop owner before leaving and taking a train back home.

Just as I was about to approach the front of the bar, I hear "you what?!"
I walk towards where the sound was coming from and hide near the entrance of the ally: there standing in the ally are Saruhiko & Yata. Yata looks beyond pissed off while Saru just looks satisfied from Yata's reaction.
"You heard me Misaki, I went on and joined Scepter 4" my mouth dropped open as I heard that. They continue talking and arguing but all I tuned out after I heard that: why would he leave Homra? Why Scepter 4 of all clans?
And even though i tuned out what they were saying, I snapped back once I saw Fushimi burning her Homra mark.
"Saru?" I say in disbelief, immediately gaining both of the boys attention.
"Hello Naomi, about time you stopped hiding around" Saru smirks at me
"Why are you leaving Homra?"
"Because this bastard thinks he's better than us" Yata growls, igniting his aura.
"I want to actually use my power for good and not just for playing with a bunch of gangbangers," he starts walking over to me and i back up with each step, actually getting scared from his sadistic smile.
"And I know you want to leave Homra as well, why don't you come with me Nao~mi?" He grabs my arms and pins them both to the wall.
"Don't touch her you bastard!" Yata yells and swings for Saru, the latter effortlessly dodging it before kicking Yata down to ground.
"Oh, getting jealous over Naomi huh?"
"Don't touch her!" Yata growls again
"Don't touch her you say? What if I keep touching her, get closer to her even?" He says as he leans in closer to me, his face only inches apart from mine.
"Saruhiko!" He growls and he gets up and begins racing towards us. Just as he was about to pull back to swing at him, Saru closes the gap between us and our lips touch.
He roughly begins kissing me, moving his lips against my will. I stand still for a few moments, my eyes still open as I see Yata's face: sadness, anger and confusion. Fushimi grabs my face with both his hands and forces his tongue into my mouth, and that's when everything catches up with me and I start squirming. I push away from him as Yata swings at him with his aura.
"One day I'm going to kill you" Yata says through gritted teeth as he roughly holds onto Fushimi's shirt. Saru pushes Yata away before standing back up and looking back at me
"See you around Nao~mi" before walking out of the alley, leaving Yata and I alone.
"Yata I- thank you. Thanks for helping me out and I'm sorry you lost your fr-"
"Don't mention it. And he's not my friend anymore, I'm not sorry for losing him. I'll kill that fucking monkey one day" he walks out angrily. I stand in the alley for a few moments before I go to the direction where Fushimi went, trying to see if I can still find him. I'm not entirely sure if he did that to piss Yata off or because of something more but I just have to find out.
I see Fushimi walking leisurely, stopping at a crossroad. As I begin walking to where he's at, my gut is telling me to go back to the bar. He can do things to you, nobody's around to help you. Just go back home and pretend it never happened.
But I push through the bad feeling and begin jogging as Saru crosses the street.
I have to catch up with him
I chant to myself in my head as I increase my speed, my heart beginning to race and my stomach feeling a little queasy.
I finally catch up with him as he reaches the other side of the street
"Saru" I say as I grab onto his jacket from behind.
"eh? Naomi?" he asks confused. I look up at him before i grab his arm and lead him out of the crowd and off to the side
"what the hell was that Fushimi?!" I ask
"huh? the little kiss I gave you that I know you actually wanted?"
"who the hell said I wanted you to kiss me Saru? what the hell is wrong with you, why are you acting so strange?" I demand, trying to hide the slight sadness in my voice that someone I was fascinated by was leaving.
"there's no need to be disappointed Naomi, we'll see each other again, don't worry" he says as he pats my head
"and I'm not actually strange, I've just always wanted to kiss you" he smirks before walking off and blending into the crowd, leaving me dumbfounded and alone.