Chapter Twenty Three

Five days had passed since Fushimi first came to visit Naomi and every night since then, he would visit her at the same time same place. The two would sit together on the roof for hours, ranting and listening (Naomi did most of the ranting- mostly about characters in certain books- and Fushimi would do the listening)

Things were okay with both of them. All up until they would have to say good bye.

"I'm going to go now" Fushimi would mutter as he stood up, Naomi following in suit.

"Okay. Thanks for coming I guess" Naomi yawns out. Fushimi looks over at her before playfully hitting the back of her head.

"Ow, what was that for?" Naomi rubs the spot on her head.

"For being an idiot. Stop saying 'thank you' as if it's a chore to come here" Fushimi rolls his eyes.

"I suppose." Naomi blushed slightly before looking away and pulling her jacket sleeves over her hands.

Fushimi stares at her intently, seeing the nervous and shy yet confident and strong girl. Never in his life would he think he'd end up with a girl like her.

"I don't want you to leave. I'm kind of scared" Naomi breaks his train of thought.

"Scared of what?" Fushimi leans against the railing on the roof, staring out at the city that is still awake.

"Of you know, that gang or whatever. It's almost November 30th"

"Don't be scared," he sighs out "we'll get them and make sure they don't touch you" he starts yawning towards the end, indicating that he was tired.

"Alright, well goodnight anyways" Naomi sighed before going over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck. He returns the favor by securing her waist with his arms and nestling his head in her bright red hair.

This was something very new to both of them; they had just started hugging a few days ago and even that sometimes was a lot to the two. But despite it being a sort of awkward action, they both deeply appreciated the feeling and never wanted to let go.

"Naomi! Agh, sorry to interrupt but King is asking for you!" Tatara bursts open the door, making the two teenagers jump away from each other.

"Shit, okay. Uh, fuck, sorry I'll see you tomorrow!" Naomi squeezes his hand before turning away towards Tatara with a blush on her face. Fushimi looks back as the door shuts before making his journey back towards Scepter 4.

~•~•~•~

"What could Mikoto possibly want" Naomi asks angrily as she storms off to his room.

"Ah, wait, Naom-!" Tatara tried calling after her to calm down but it was too late, Naomi had already barged open her brothers door.

"What could you possibly want?" Naomi demands, making full eye contact with Mikoto and he, Anna and Kusanagi stare back at her.

"Where have you been?" Mikoto asks

"I-In my room. Where else" Naomi calms down as she is almost taken off guard by his question. Mikoto furrows his eyebrows before Kusanagi interrupts.

"How come you haven't come down all day then? You're being weird" he slightly squints at her.

"I'm just tired all the time. Plus I like to be in my room" while it was partially true, another reason why she hid out was because she never knew if Fushimi would come for a surprise visit. He obviously never did.

"Well you need to come out more. Also eat more, you're getting too skinny" Kusanagi comments.

Naomi self consciously wrapped her arms around herself, hiding her stomach area from them. She was aware of her bad eating habits but she hated when people talked about her body.

"Well anyways, the reason why we called you here is to talk about the message. We found the name of the gang that sent the message; their name is MU2. They're supposedly planning something for November 30th remember" Kusanagi stops to find any signs of reaction from Naomi.

"Which is in 2 days" Naomi nods, tapping her fingers in a pattern nervously.

"Well we just wanted to let you know that everything will be ok. We got extra patrol all night and all day, plus Scepter 4 got a note from them too and they're on the lookout as well. We just need you to stay home no matter what for the next few weeks and never be alone. That means either staying with one of us down here or having someone in your room with you."

"W-wait why can't I be alone in my room?!" Naomi exclaims.

"We don't know what they're capable of: they can easily open a window and attack. Better safe than sorry" Kusanagi gives an apologetic look.

Naomi leans back on the wall and takes it all in; her arms were still her only source of comfort as they still held her tightly. All her freedom, taken away once again. And any sense of security and peace she retained was taken once more.

"Alright" Naomi says softly, looking straight ahead at the ground in front of her.

"I'm sorry" Tatara places a hand on her shoulder, making her jump at the sudden contact.

"It's cool" she quickly composes herself, running a hand through her hair.  "Is that it?"

"Just please be safe and listen to us, we just want to keep you safe" Kusanagi says in a sincere voice.

"Yeah, I'll try. I'll see you tomorrow I guess" Naomi give them all a small wave before turning her back and going to her room.

Naomi quickly locks the doors and windows, turns off the lights and plops into her bed thinking everything over.

"Why couldn't I just been born without any of this shit" she sighs out loud. She wraps herself in her blankets and plays one of her favorite albums to help her calm her heart.

~~~
I'm honestly be worst at posting chapters I'm sorry y'all.
Please don't forget to favorite and leave comments, they always make my day.
Also, happy thanksgiving! I'm thankful for every single person who reads this story, y'all have no idea how much it means to me ❤️