Chapter Five

"Done and done. Alright Izumo, where else do I sign?" I ask excitedly
"Alright Naomi relax a bit. Just sign here once more and then you're done!" I quickly scribble my signature to where Izumo pointed and let out a sigh of relief
"Congratulations Naomi you have officially graduated! Now we send these papers in and then the government sends your diploma! How do you feel?" Tatara congratulates me. I smile from ear to ear, laughing slightly before stretching slightly
"Fucking great. I'm finally done with that stupid shit" I laugh again as I run a hand through my hair. I still can't believe it, I'm finally done with school! I no longer have to work out of a long and boring book almost everyday and do countless sheets of work to be checked over by either Izumo or Tatara.
"We should all celebrate your graduation! How about we all go out to eat?" Tatara suggests out loud, earning whoops and hollers in agreement from other HOMRA members in the bar.
"Sound good to you Naomi?" Izumo turns to me with a grin on his face
"Yeah, why not" I shrug looking back at the rest of the room as they all start planning which restaurant we should go to.
"Shouldn't we ask Naomi where she wants to go?" Eric finally speaks up, interrupting the other boys chattering
"true true. So where do you wanna go Naomi?" Chitose asks as the rest of the room looks at me. I look down at my legs as I think before looking back up
"I just want sushi" I state, letting them decide what restaurant to go to that has sushi. After it was finally decided, the boys go and leave to get ready for tonight's dinner.
"Naomi you should go get ready, we're leaving in about an hour" Tatara suggests. I nod before getting up from the bar seat and making my way up the stairs. As I walk up the stairs, Mikoto goes down the stairs, stopping me before passing him.
"What's going on?" He asks drowsily
"I uh officially graduated today so Tatara wanted to go celebrate. All of HOMRA is going and we're leaving in an hour" I state before going up the rest of the stairs.
I reach my room and as soon as I close and lock the door, I let out a laugh as I plot down on my bed. I stay there on my bed for a moment before standing back up and blasting my music.
I go over to my closet and pick out an outfit for tonight. I decide on a black floral dress with a jean jacket to cover up.
I grab the clothes and head over to the bathroom. I hop in the shower, promising myself I would be out in 15 minutes. As I step out, I dry myself quickly and begin getting ready.
Once I finish slipping on my clothes and blowing drying my hair, I tie up my hair into a messy bun, leaving my bangs hanging out loosely. I quickly do my makeup and go out to my room and slip on black flats before finally examine myself in my full mirror. Damn, I look good for once
"Naomi hurry up we actually have reservations!" I hear Izumo call out. I do one more look over before grabbing my small black purse, which held my phone and wallet, and sling the long strap over my torso before racing down stairs as both Izumo and Tatara start calling for me
"Ok I'm here sorry" I apologize as I reach the first floor. I look up and see Izumo and Tatara have their mouths open as they look at my appearance. I exam them myself as they gape at me and I have got to admit they look pretty damn good too, both wearing black jeans and a dress shirt with a tie, Izumo choosing to wear a vest and jacket. I look over at Mikoto and see he's wearing something similar, only without a tie and with his usual jacket over his dress shirt. Anna wears one of her usual dresses, still looking great.
"Wow Naomi you look great!" Tatara compliments
"You clean up well Naomi" Izumo praises earning an agreeing 'mhm' from Anna
"I didn't even know you owned a dress" Mikoto comments, causing me to lightly glare at him.
"Ah leave her alone Mikoto. Shall we go?" Izumo begins walking towards the doors with us on his trail. He locks the doors before we all make our way to the restaurant which is thankfully only a block away. I guess living in the city has its perks
Once we arrive at the restaurant, we are taken to our private room where there are already HOMRA members.
"Congratulations Naomi!" They all cheer as we enter the room. I grin back and give a soft "thank you" before walking around, trying to decide where to sit.
"Over here Naomi! We saved you a spot" Shohei waves me over. He wears a dress shirt with rolled up sleeves and surprisingly no hat.
"Thanks" I mutter as I take my seat next to him. As they begin chattering about what they're going to order, the rest of the HOMRA members arrive, including to my surprise, Yata and Fushimi.
"H-hey Naomi congratulations on graduating!" Yata blushes as he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.
"Thanks Yata" I give him a small smile, causing him to blush even more. He sits a seat away from me, leaving a bored fushimi to sit next to me on my other side.
"Thank you for coming" I mumble so only he can hear
"Yeah whatever. Congratulations I guess" he mutters
"Thanks" I say before taking my menu and looking over what I want to eat.
The waiter comes in shortly and takes everyone's drink order before leaving us once again.
"Hey who's paying for the meal?" Rikio curiously asks
"Everyone pays for themselves. The only people I am paying for are Anna, Naomi and myself" Izumo states earning a groan from most of the other boys. I smile at Izumo earning myself a wink before he goes back to talking with Mikoto.
"Guess you're getting the special treatment from Izumo. Lucky you" bandou says playfully
"Guess so" I shrug.
"So Naomi, do you plan on going to university?" Rikio asks gaining everyone's attention
"Yeah from what I heard, you had straight a's you're entire life!" Chitose adds.
"I uh, I wasn't planning on going to university. I actually don't even know what I want to do" I smile weakly looking a little down at my water.
"Oh well it's all right. I mean you're still young and you have time to figure stuff out. Besides most of us didn't go to university either" Shohei comforts me slightly. I give him a small grin in return before taking a sip from my water.
"So, you're not moving out right? You're staying at HOMRA?" Dewa asks next.
"Yeah I am" I say out loud "not like I have much of a choice" I mutter very quietly to myself. Fushimi hears me and looks over at me curiously. I look at him back hoping he doesn't say anything. After a moment, he looks away again and I face the others.
"So now what Naomi? You gonna get a job or just stay home or...?" Shohei asks earning a whack on the head from Bandou
"She just said she didn't know!"
"Oh right sorry, sorry!" Shohei holds up his hands in surrender
"It's alright and I guess for the mean time I'm gonna get a job. Until I figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life"
"You can be an artist! Your drawings are really amazing!" Tatara jumps in our conversation
"And I can offer you a job at the bar if you'd like" Izumo comments as well.
"Uh thank you. I like drawing a lot but I'm not sure i'm up for doing showing it to others and stuff.
And thank you Izumo for the offer but I uh kind of want to get a job somewhere else you know? I mean I don't really want to rely on you guys forever" I smile weakly hoping I was nice enough. Of course I've thought about just selling my drawings and living off of that or something with drawing but I just don't think I'm comfortable with other people seeing my drawings. They're sort of private for me, only showing them to close people or I guess HOMRA. And as nice as Izumo was for offering me a job at the bar, I don't want to work at the bar. It's like I'll never have a rest from that place, not to mention I don't exactly want to be at HOMRA forever. As nice as the people are and even if it's my home, it's just not really my thing.
"We don't mind you Naomi but I get where you want to be independent. Anyways, everyone already know what they're going to get?" Tatara thankfully changes the subject as everyone starts chattering again about food. I keep my hands in my lap, looking down slightly as I try to calm myself from all the talk about the future and the guilt I feel for wanting to leave everyone.
A hand slides over to my lap and lightly grasps my hands. I look over to the owner of the hand and see its fushimi's. He has a stoic look on his face as he keeps it there.
"You need to calm down or else everyone is going to notice" He mutters softly to only my ears. I take a deep shaky breath before giving a thankful smile as I slowly start calming down.
"Thank you" I mutter.
"Yeah" he says in response before Yata has Fushimi's attention. His hand snakes back to his own lap as he listens to Yata's rambling.
The waiter comes in and begins taking our orders.
"And you, beautiful?" The waiter winks and sends me a flirtatious smile. The others glare at him as I give him my order and hand him my menu
"Of course miss" he takes my menu and before I could do anything, he takes my hand and kisses it lightly before making his way out of the room.
"The nerve of that guy!"
"Shamelessly flirting with our Naomi!"
"What's his problem?" HOMRA growls as they talk about the waiter. I silently listen to their rants about the waiter, drinking water on occasion.
"And he's probably 20 something I mean he's too old for Naomi! Wait, how old is Naomi again?" Chitose asks
"I'm 18" I respond, the room going quiet
"What?!"
"I totally forgot she's 18"
"I mean she's legal"
"Shut up!"
"I can't believe you're 18. I've known you since you were what, 14? I can't believe it" Bandou says in disbelief.
"Our little Naomi has grown up" Tatara says dramatically. They all go on about how old I've become while I try to tune them out.
"Please talk to me, I'm tired of listening to them" I say looking over to fushimi.
"Tch, I'm not your entertainer" fushimi mumbles.
"Doesn't matter just please. Uh how's your arm doing? Are all your bruises and cuts healed up?" I ask trying to make conversation
"Tch, yes. You're ok right?" he asked catching me off guard
"Yeah I'm alright just overwhelmed I guess" I answer truthfully
"Tsk, you'll be fine. If they all made it out alive so can you" he reassures me(I think) as the door opens and the flirty waiter enters the room again, this time with trays balanced on both hands. Chitose goes quiet before sending some kind of signal to fushimi as the waiter begins making his way towards me, my sushi in his hand. Fushimi sighs out loud and rolls his eyes as he extends his arm around my chair, almost as if he was claiming me as his.
The waiter stops a bit as he sees Fushimi's arm but nevertheless, he delivers my food and gives me a small wink before leaving the room.
"He better have gotten the memo" Yata mutters as he separates his chopsticks and angrily shoves sushi into his mouth, his face slightly red.
Saruhiko retreats his arm and begins eating without another word. I begin eating as well, listening to everyone else's conversations as they talk about nonsense.
When everyone is nearing the end of their meal, Izumo asks for everyone's check, all individual except for Izumo, Anna's and mine to which Izumo kept his promise and paid for my meal.
Once everyone paid for their meals and we're all heading out, the flirty waiter grabs my hand.
"Just call when you're free. The names' Tsubasa" he winks as he slips a piece of paper into my hand. The members of HOMRA stop and look as if they were going to burn him to ashes. I finally look at the paper and it has his number written on it. Before he could say anything else or HOMRA could threaten him, I tear the paper in front of everyone and throw it in the trash as I mutter "annoying bastard" and leave to wait for them outside.
Moments later, HOMRA emerges from the restaurant, shocked faces with wide grins
"Wow Naomi, that was brutal. Great, but brutal" Tatara laughs as he puts his hand on my shoulder.
"Sorry?"
"No don't apologize! It was brilliant! I just never knew you were so cold towards guys who had crushes on you. Nevertheless, you did good tonight" he ends up wrapping his arm across my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug.
"Yeah well he was getting a little annoying" I say fighting off my smirk.
"All right! That's our Naomi!" Chitose calls out while others holler in agreement. I blush slightly at the attention before Izumo points out the time.
Everyone comes over and gives me a quick hug before saying congratulations once more. I thank everyone for coming and just as I was about to follow Tatara, Izumo, Mikoto and Anna, Yata grabs my arm
"I uh wanted to say congrats again and uh you look great" he says the last part quickly as his face heats up. I smile at him before wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him.
"Thank you" I say before tearing myself away and catch up to the others leaving a blushing Yata