Chapter Nineteen

Naomi laid around in her room for the rest of the day, thoughts of Fushimi and her brothers suspecting questions swirling around her head. It wasn't until a sharp knock pierced through the room that Naomi realized it was now dark.

"Naomi? Y-you okay?" Yata called out from behind the door.

"Yeah" Naomi called out tiredly, not bothering to get up from her spot on her bed.

A moment passed before Yata finally spoke up again "o-oh well I was wondering if you wanted to go out and hang with us?"

"Like now?"

"Yeah"

Naomi pondered it for a moment. Going out would mean getting ready, which would mean getting up and making an effort with her appearance. On the other hand, going out can mean having fun and getting to know them more.

"Okay, sure. Give me like 15 minutes"

"Okay!" And with that, Naomi sighed tiredly before standing from her bed and slowly walking to her closet where she pulled out jeans and a ONE OK ROCK t-shirt and some fresh underwear and bra. She carefully stripped out of her clothes and slowly pulled on her new clothes before going to her bathroom and winging her eyeliner and combing her hair, leaving it in its natural wavy-ish state. She reached for her black on black converse before shoving her phone into one back pocket and wallet into the other.

She carefully went down the steps until she was met with all the HOMRA members together on the main floor.

"See! I told you she said yes!" Yata exclaimed at the other members who wore a surprised look on their faces.

"Huh?" Is all Naomi said as she stopped in her tracks.

"Yata told everyone you were gonna go out with them as well tonight and nobody believed him" Kusanagi quickly explained.

"Ohh. Well yeah i figured why not, I've been in my room all day" Naomi shrugged before wincing slightly.

"Well don't have too much fun, you still have a number of injuries" Kusanagi warned.

"Yeah I know" Naomi reassured Kusanagi before looking back forward at the energetic guys.

"Ready to go Naomi?" Kosuke asked.

"Uh yeah but I don't really know where we're going"

"Just to the arcade and around that area" Naomi nodded in agreement before stepping forward and walking with Kosuke. The other members quickly noticed what they were doing and and followed in pursuit, their noise never ceasing.

"Take care of Naomi or else you're all dead!" Kusanagi hollered before the bar door shut and the group was all out.

~•~•~•~

Naomi stood next to the game where Yata was intensely playing, paying attention to his score and the small amount of life he had left. Suddenly with one surprise from the opponent, the life bar quickly disappeared and "game over" was sprawled across the screen.

"Aw fuck this. Come on, let's go get some fresh air" Yata said angrily before stomping out of the crowded arcade despite the hour.

Naomi followed Yata outside into the warm summer night where the two stood there silently. Yata was still calming down from the game and Naomi just silently stood, enjoying the breeze that whipped through her long hair. 

"Wanna walk down the street?" Naomi asked. Yata's cheeks blushed but he nodded and began walking side by side with Naomi. The two walked in comfortable silence until they came across a building with Scepter Four members investigating it and pedestrians curiously trying to sneak a glance at what was happening.

Almost immediately, Naomi was able to spot Fushimi at work. He looked more irritated than usual and his demeanor looked scary, even from afar. Naomi couldn't take her eyes off of him and Yata noticed. Yata was soon filled with rage again before he muttered "damn monkey" under his breath.

"Come on, let's go" Yata said through gritted teeth and grabbed onto her hand and began leading Naomi away from Scepter Four.

"U-uh Yata" Naomi spoke up from behind. Yata was taken out of his angry trance and looked back at her where her eyes shifted down to their hands.

"O-oh sorry" Yata's face quickly flushed once again as he looked away.

"It's fine" is all Naomi managed to say as she took her hand back.

Little did they know that fushimi watched the two interact with each other. Seeing Yata touch Naomi made his blood boil but he remained in his position.

"Tch"

Omg y'all I'm so sorry for not updating. I just got busy once again but school will be ending soon so hopefully I'll be able to update more.

In the meantime, thank you so much for giving feedback, please continue to do so! I love comments and see you guys favorite and add this story to yalls reading list.
Also, I'm curious, where are y'all from? I'm from Texas
Thank you again for your patience. :)