Chapter Two

"Uh..Mikoto-san, Naomi-chan.." Izumo tries to catch our attention from each other. Mikoto and I stand in the middle of the bar glaring at each other while clansmen of homra watch us with interest or discomfort
This little glaring thing started when I was about to leave. Since I had nothing to do today, I was going to go get a new book and read but Mikoto stopped me from leaving.
"Where are you going?" He asked
"Out to get a book" I answer annoyedly. He stared at me as if not believing what I was saying was true.
"What, you don't trust me?" I counter back, gaining a few people's attention. He stays silent as he continues to stare at me while I glare at him.
And therefore began us just glaring at each other, creating tension in the room while everybody stares at us, holding their breaths.
"Yata, Fushimi. Go with her" Mikoto commands, not looking away from me.
"Y-yes sir. Come on N-Naomi" Yata stutters as he and Fushimi start their way towards the door. I glare at my brother for a few more moments  before breaking away and walking to the two red clansmen.
Our walk is filled with awkward silence as they follow me. I hate having stupid babysitters following me around. It's only been 5 minutes of us walking and I already can't take it. I stop in my tracks and turn back to look at the annoyed and blushing boys.
"Want to get something to eat?" I ask, already thinking of a plan to get away from them.
"N-not really but if you want to get food that's okay" Yata's voice wavers as he looks away. I blow a strand of hair out of my face before turning back forward and walking to the nearest coffee shop.
As we step into the cold vicinity. I quietly look over the menu while I continue to think of a way to get away.
I order my coffee and get my usual muffin. As I wait for my coffee to be ready, I glance at the two boys in the corner, looking slightly uncomfortable around the indie-rock teenagers who basically dominate this place. As I was about to turn away from them, I notice Yata's skate board...
"Naomi!" I hear the barista call out my name. I walk to get my coffee, muttering a 'thank you' before putting my muffin in my bag and turning back towards my babysitters
"Okay let's go" I say as I take a sip from my coffee, going out first and holding the door.
As Yata passes through, I quickly grab his skate board with my free hand and quickly jump and skate away, ignoring their calls for me to return.
I quickly skate through the streets and alleys as I try to lose them, finally succeeding when i turn around and see nobody on my trail. I look around at my surroundings and quickly recognize where I'm at. It's far from the bookstore that I normally go to but there's still another close by.
I grab the skateboard and hold it in my free hand while drinking coffee in the other. I make my way down the street and turn right to a more popular street in this part of town. I scan the shops that are aligned as you walk down the sidewalk and dash into the bookstore when I pass by it.
I take my time in looking at all the books and drinking coffee until I finally settle for "Lord of the Flies" a more popular book in America. I take the English book and pay for it at the counter before leaving and scouting a place to peacefully read.
I finally find an alley between a store and an apartment complex. I sit down on the floor, leaning against the store wall and take out my new book.

                         ~•~•~•~•~

"Tsk, so this is where you've been the whole time? You know Mikoto-san sent homra to look for you right" an annoyed voice interrupts my reading. I look up from the middle of my book and there stands Fushimi with a bored look on his face.
I shrug my shoulders at his comment and go back to reading, ignoring the annoyed 'tsks' coming from the boy with cobalt hair. Suddenly, he comes towards me and roughly grabs my right arm and drags me to my feet.
"What the hell Fushimi?"
"Get up already! This is a waste of time" he complains. I sigh before shrugging my arm out of his grasp before bending down and grabbing my bag, my book and Yata's skateboard, leaving my trash from my coffee and muffin on the floor.
I stand back up straight and begin walking out of the alley. Saruhiko joins my side to make sure I don't run from him.
As we're walking, I think about what's going to happen when I get home. Either Mikoto is going to scold me and not let me go out at all anymore, or he's going to scold me and make sure even more people join me when I leave. Either one sounds like hell to me. I sigh as I think about the scolding he's probably going to give me and run my free hand through my hair. Oh well, there's nothing to be done now.
I'm nudged out of my thought when saruhiko lightly elbows my arm. I look forward and see we have already arrived at the bar. As if that wasn't bad enough, Izumo, Mikoto and Anna are standing outside waiting for me.
I take a deep breath as I walk towards the door, hoping that they would just ignore me for now. Of course, nothing's that easy and Mikoto grabs my arm and pulls me back. He nods his head towards the door and Saru, Izumo and Anna go inside, leaving us alone outside.
"Why did you run from Yata" he asks as he pulls out a cigarette. I look away for a moment before answering "I don't need babysitters, I'm not five"
He takes a drag and wait for a moment before talking again. "When you don't have someone with you, things like this happen and you get hurt" he says referring to my bruised cheek and the cuts on my eyebrows, my lower lip, my chin and the bridge of my nose and other spots of my body that he has yet to see.
"This was just an accid-"
"This wasn't the first time Naomi" Mikoto interrupts me.
"I know it's not the first time but so what. I'm always going to get hurt. I'm not helpless you know"
"Yeah, you are. You're just as helpless as Anna is except she stays out of trouble" Mikoto counters back
"oh yeah, stays out of trouble by hanging around a dangerous gang" I mock sarcastically. He glares at me before finishing throwing his cigarette on the floor and stomping on it before going inside. I roll my eyes and take a deep breath before readjusting my bag on my shoulders and walking inside.
As soon as I walk in, the room goes quiet and everyone sends me a sympathetic look. I roll my eyes and walk towards Yata who is sitting on a bar stool. I toss him his skateboard before walking away and going to my room.