Chapter Eighteen

"Hey how did it go with Naomi and Scepter 4?" Totsuka asked as he approached the bartender, the king and their youngest member.

"All Naomi said was fine" Kusanagi answered.

"That's it?"

"Yeah. And then she said she was tired and went up to her room"

"Hmm maybe it's because she saw Fushimi" Tatara muttered quietly, but not quiet enough as Kusanagi and Mikoto both heard him.

"Why would seeing Fushimi make her like that?"

"U-uh no reason. Maybe cause he used to be a member and because of their last encounter" Tatara covered up, trying not to let out Naomi's true feelings over the cobalt boy.

"Yeah I guess" Kusanagi shrugged before continuing polishing the empty wine glass.

"Well anyways, other than that she said nothing. But when I went in to drop her off, I stayed and spoke with Munakata a bit"

"Oh? And what did he say?"

"He wanted to know why Anna couldn't find Naomi with her power"

"You know, that's a good question. Any time we've needed to find Naomi, Anna can't detect her but she can always detect anyone else" Tatara mentioned.

"She's different" Anna said softly, catching their attention.

"What do you mean?"

"There's something...blocking her. Something fighting with my power. she's fighting it, unintentionally of course " Anna finally concluded.

"What do you mean?" Kusanagi asked bewildered.

"Would that be like nullifying other powers?" Tatara asked. Anna just nodded her head before taking a sip of her juice.

"I don't think she knows it but she might be a strain" Anna said, causing the men in the room to raise their eyebrows in shock.

"We should try to find out" Tatara suggested

"How?"

"Has she ever been burned by our flames?"

"Oh no way in hell are we going to see if our fire burns her" Kusanagi declined

"Well then how are we going to tell?"Tatara asked

"With time. If she is then it'll come out soon enough" Kusanagi declared before putting down the glass in hand.

"Speaking of Naomi, we'd ought to bring up food for her"

"I'll do it!" Tatara volunteered.

"No, I don't trust you"

"I'll do it" Mikoto announced. Kusanagi quirked his eyebrow up but stayed silent as he quickly put a bowl of ramen on a tray with chopsticks on the side of the bowl.

Mikoto stood from the bar and made his way up the stairs and to his sisters room.

Upon reaching her door, he knocked before skipping a beat and entering. There was Naomi, laying down on her bed with her arm over her eyes.

"Hey I have food for you." Mikoto announced, setting down the tray on her night stand. Naomi grunted in response before sitting up and wincing.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just my shoulder and my head hurts" she sighed before crossing her legs and reaching for the tray. Mikoto assisted her with bringing the tray to her lap before he laid down on her bed.

"Thanks for the food" Naomi muttered before positioning her chopsticks and reaching for noodles.

"Do you think it's healthy for me to constantly be eating ramen?"Naomi asked after swallowing her first mouthful of food.

"Probably not but it's the only thing you like to eat since you're picky" Mikoto answered.

"Yeah I guess so. Along with sushi"

The room went back into a comfortable silence while Naomi continued to eat her noodles. Mikoto laid there motionless as he stared up at the ceiling. This went on until Mikoto decided to break the silence.

"Naomi,"

"Mikoto"

"Be honest with me, what happened this morning with the Blues?" Naomi's hands froze at the question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," Mikoto sat up to look directly at Naomi "What happened when you went over there?"

"Nothing, they just asked me stuff pertaining to the incident" Naomi shrugged before staring back down at her noodles.

"Who asked you the questions?"

"...Fushimi"

Mikoto sighed. "What is Fushimi to you?"

Naomi's heart ached at the question. It hurt to lie about something like this but it also hurt to remember what happened earlier.

"He's nothing, just an old friend"

"Hm" was all Mikoto said before laying back down.

"Mikoto?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you want to know?" Naomi asked.

"Just wanted to make sure they didn't try anything with you. Are you done eating?"

"Uh almost just let me get the last bit" Naomi quickly ate the remaining  noodles before putting everything in the bowl and handing Mikoto the tray.

"Thank you again" Naomi called out as he began walking to the door. Mikoto grunted in response before leaving the room and shutting the door with one hand. Naomi sighed before falling back and laying down again.

~~~~

Wow ok sorry for literally not updating in forever, life just got super busy for me. But it's all Gucci (for) now!
Pls excuse this semi bad chapter and for probably the next couple of chapters. If possible pls continue to leave comments and favorites, they literally make my day :)
Love y'all