Chapter Twenty Seven

Fushimi's eyes burned as he finally closed and rubbed them. Exhaustion and hunger were itching at him inside but he ignored his body's basic needs in order to find her.

He made it his mission to watch the video footage over and over again until he inevitably found the lead they all needed. He knew something was off when there was no trace of her whereabouts and so he was confident that there must of been a loophole somewhere in the footage.

His heart sunk at the news of Naomi's disappearance but then filled with rage. How could Yata let that happen? He knew Yata was an idiot but not that much. Fushimi swears that if he was in the same position, his first mission would be to shield Naomi, not duck down for his own safety. Then again, Fushimi also had something going on with Naomi and Yata doesn't.

Fushimi now sat in the passenger side of the Scepter 4 van, mentally preparing himself for a battle and for finding the one person in his life that made it all worth it for him.

Moments later, the van came to an abrupt stop and every member in the van got straight to work. Certain members began analyzing the energy levels of the building while others marched outside and prepared for further directions. Fushimi took a deep breath before wearing his usual scowl and waited outside for Munakata's commands.

~~

Mikoto jumped from rooftop to rooftop as he easily glided across the city. He had heard enough of the conversation with Munakata and on top of that, a sudden intuition had hit him and activated his powers.
He had no idea where he was going but his body did as in a mere 10 minutes, he arrived outside a tall building. With no regards as to what other people may think or see, he strided into the building with ease. It took a few moments for the staff, who he presumed were his gang members, recognized him. The first few were quick to notify others of his presence while the rest began to fire what they could at him; bullets, knives and fists were all being thrown at him but with just a few seconds of activating his powers, everything was being melted while screams of agony filled the air. Mikoto made his way towards the nearest staircases, once again letting his body control what he does rather than his head.

As he began to go up the stairs, the same thought roamed his mind; how could I have let this happen?

Before he knew it, Mikoto's body stopped at a certain floor with multiple doors. It was suspiciously silent and empty, making Mikoto more aware. He cautiously took a few steps before suddenly, a sharp knife came hurtling towards him. Mikoto glided to the side, avoiding the sharp object and instantly his hands became ablaze. He marched to the far right door where the knife came from and blasted the door frame down. Inside the dimly lit room was Ryu and next to him was Naomi, hunched over and unconscious. The only thing remotely holding her up was the rope he used to tie her to the chair.

Mikoto became enraged at the sight of his own blood so battered.

"Glad if you to finally join us, Red king" Ryu spoke smoothly. He showed no fear in his voice or composure.

"Thought I turned you to dust the last time"

"Not quite. Almost though. Good job" Ryu mocked.

Mikoto's hands itched at the urge to just set the entire ablaze once again but he knew if he did, his sister wouldn't make it out alive. He needed the others to arrive soon because otherwise, he was going to lose control.

"You look a little frustrated there Mikoto. Want a drink? It'll ease up the tension"

"Fuck off" Mikoto spat, making strides toward them "give her back now or you don't want to see what will happen"

"Hmm you see I would but we need to make a little deal here first" Ryu began

"I need full access to your and the blues' territory. Plus I could use some of your clansmen for some tasks. You promise me those things and you can take this little sorry excuse of a woman"