Chapter sixteen

Naomi's point of view.

First came the beeps then my eyes willed themselves to open. I blinked a few times before my vision wasn't blurry and there I was staring at a white ceiling again.

I immediately panicked, trying to sit up as it became hard for me to breathe. My head was spinning and my throat was closing.

Did I not escape? How am I not dead? Why am I here? Why why why.

"Shh Naomi calm down" I heard a voice say before a hand was stroking the top of my head.

"You're okay now, don't worry. You're safe, you're here with me"

I took deep breaths, finally evening out my breathing again. I closed my eyes for a minute until my head felt together again and my throat opened again for me to be able to speak.

I raised my head up slowly, scared for who I was about to face but there sat Tatara, Kusanagi, and Mikoto

Tatara sat up awake with a sad smile on his face and his hand was holding mine. Kusanagi was waking up and Mikoto was still asleep.

"Tatara" I breathed out before he leaned over and hugged me.

"We were so worried" I heard Tatara whisper before I felt his body shudder slightly and heard his sobs echo the room.

I tried to wrap my arms around him but as soon as I lifted my lift arm, I gasped out in pain from a fiery feeling on my left shoulder.

"Oh yeah," Tatara pulled away, his eyes red and puffy. "I forgot to tell you, you got shot in your left shoulder. Thankfully it didn't hit anything but it'll still take time to heal" he smiled weakly again before sitting back on the bench.

"Good to see you awake kiddo" Kusanagi was next, sitting on the edge of my bed and leaning over to hug me carefully.

"Yeah, I missed you guys" i responded, my voice weak and small. Kusanagi ruffled my hair a bit before sitting back at his spot.

By then, Mikoto had also woken up. Mikoto sat the furthest away from my bed so he stood from his spot and walked slowly over to the left side of my bed and hugged me.

It was like everything had finally hit me; from the moment my brother and I began drifting apart, cutting myself, wanting to kill myself, catching feelings for fushimi only to lose him and finally being kidnapped and not knowing if at the end of the day I would see my family again. It all hit me at once and it hit hard. For the first time in literally years, I dug my head into his shoulder and cried.

Once I began, I couldn't stop. I cried and cried and lifted my fractured arm that was in a cast slightly so I could grasp onto his jacket the way I did when I was younger. I kept on crying and nobody said anything. And for once nothing interrupted the moment I had with my brother.

I cried for so long it came to the point where he also took a seat at the edge of my bed and held my head and rubbed my hair with one hand.

Once I finally finished crying my eyes out, I laid back onto the bed and looked over at my visitors.

"What happened?" I manage out.

"After what?" Kusanagi asked.

"I don't know, after you figured out that I was gone"

"Well once we noticed you were gone, we began looking for you. We hardly ever slept looking for you but we never found any real leads, only fake ones" I look over to my brother who was looking out at the night view from my room and notice the bags under his eyes.

"Then we became desperate and Kusanagi went to go ask Scepter Four for help on finding you" Tatara said. My eyebrows raised at the statement.

"I would've never guessed"