Chapter Thirty One

It all started when Naomi's eyes fluttered open and she saw daylight and heard light snores next to her.

Her moment of peace was interrupted by a wave of panic when she realized the sun was way past risen and Fushimi was still sleeping.

"Saru, hey, wake up. It's- it's 11am oh god they could actually be awake"

"I thought you said they were drinking last night" Fushimi mumbled into her pillow, his eyes still closed.

"Yeah but knowing Izumo, he's probably awake already"

And speak of the devil and he shall appear; footsteps were heard outside her door before they stopped at her room. A soft knock instantly led to Fushimi's eyes opening with alert.

"Yeah?" Naomi answered as she passed him his glasses.

"Morning Naomi, can you uh come out? I need to ask you for a favor" Kusanagi's tired voice sounded through the rustling Naomi and Fushimi made while he was trying to get up.

"Yeah sure give me a moment" Fushimi threw on his sweater from the previous night and was looking for a place to hide while Naomi panicked with him. Through all their scrambling, noises were heard on the other side of the door that Naomi didn't notice. She didn't notice that heavier footsteps joined Kusanagi's at the door or the sound of her brother's voice, nor did she notice that she never locked the door.

However, she was forced to notice when her door opened and there stood her brother and brother-like figure.

"What the hell" was all Kusanagi said as Naomi and Fushimi froze. Naomi didn't know what to do and quite frankly, nobody did. Mikoto stood there silent, a mixture of rage, confusion and tiredness evident in his eyes.

"What the fuck is he doing in your room?" Mikoto said lowly.

"He-uh came to visit me-"

"Don't lie" Mikoto interrupted her

"He um spent the night. Nothing happened though!" she quickly rushed, her hands growing sweaty from anxiety.

"We've been together for a bit now" Fushimi finally spoke up. Mikoto's jaw clenched at the sound of his voice.

"What's going on over here- oh god" Tatara's cheery voice went to one filled with worry.

"You knew about them?" Mikoto turned towards Totsuka.

"Well uh I knew they were together- I-I mean friends. Yeah, friends"

"Oh no" Kusanagi breathed out, his body tensing as Mikoto stepped towards the young couple.
The red head turned his head to Fushimi before lowly saying "get the hell out of here. Now"

Fushimi stayed put for a moment before Naomi lightly nudged him towards the door. He took one last glance at her as she nodded before he stood up straight with his usual scowl on, and walked out of her room.

"I seriously can't believe you right now"

"Mikoto, I can explain"

"I don't want to hear shit right now" was all he said before also walking out of her room. Kusanagi followed in Mikoto's footsteps, leaving only Tatara there.

"i-I don't know what to do" Naomi breathed out. Her body was in a state of shock as she tried to process what just happened.

"It's okay Naomi" he embraced her as her tears began to stain his shirt. "It will all be okay"

Double updates tonight bc I'm a trashy person and haven't updated in so long. Again, sorry sorry for always taking like months in between chapters.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter and last. I'll be taking my exams within the next two weeks so I won't be actively writing however, I always check to see what y'all think.
Thanks oh again for all your support, it always makes my day :)