Chapter Twenty

"Oh Naomi-chan~"  Tatara called as he skipped from behind the bar. Naomi hummed in response, not taking her eyes off the article that sat in front of her. Tatara plopped next to Naomi, taking note of her facial features before speaking again. "What're you doing?"

"Reading, trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life" she sighed before finally looking up and closing the article about a famous writer in Japan.

"Well don't sweat it too much, you're still young and have time" he smiled at her. Naomi just sighed as she shoved her hands into her black jacket pockets.

"Yeah. Anyways, what did you want?"

"Well I wanted to know if you wanted to go do something today? I'm free for the evening"

"I don't know. Kind of want to sleep, kind of want to go to the bookstore, kind of want to cut off all my hair. I don't know what to do!" Naomi kicked her legs out of frustration before turning back into Tatara's brown eyes.

"Well you can always sleep when you get home. Why don't we go to the bookstore you want to go to?"

"Yeah, sure. It's kind of far though, are you prepared for a walk?"

"Yep!" Tatara nodded his head excitedly.

"Well let's go" naomi said, standing from her spot. The pair went to go tell Kusanagi first before they walked out of the bar and to the train station.

After almost an hour of train rides, walking and complaining from Tatara, they finally arrived at the old book shop where Naomi used to go and read on the rooftop.

The smell of old books filled Tatara's nose as he first walked in. his eyes wandered the countless shelves filled with hundreds and hundreds of books.

"Tatara you coming?" Naomi called from the rickety staircase. Tatara quickly nodded before following her up the stairs and to the roof top.

"Wow, this view is breathtaking" Tatara said mesmerized by the scenery of the city.

"I know right. Now you know where I would go when I would disappear for hours and hours on end." Naomi said as she admired the view of the bustling city.

"Really?"

"Yep" Naomi nodded as she walked around the garden, "I would come up here and read. Sometimes I would draw or even sleep up here. I miss it a lot" she sighed. She felt tranquil for once; the scenery was beautiful, the wind was blowing not too soft but not too harshly, she was somewhere familiar and with someone she trusted.

"I'm sorry Naomi" Tatara said with a frown. It had been a very long time since she was on her own. Ever since all the drama went down, she hadn't had time to herself the way she used to. And to someone as free-spirited as she was, that was a big deal.

"It's fine. I mean, I would prefer to be able to go and come as I please but even if you guys let me, I think now I'm too scared" 

"Well you don't have to be scared anymore, we will take care of you" Tatara reassured. Naomi smiled at the light brunette before leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Thanks Tatara. Moving on to a different topic, do you know how to cut hair?"

~~~~

"Naomi, are you sure about this?" Tatara asked with a concerned look on his face. Scissors were in his hand and Naomi sat on the floor in front of him, still on the rooftop of the old book store.

"Yes Tatara, just cut up to like my shoulders"

"But you hair is so long and pretty a-and king might get mad!"

"Mikoto is not going to care now do it!"

"I-I can't"

Naomi rolled her eyes and turned around, snatching the scissors from his hands. Before he could properly react, Naomi opened the scissors and cut through her thick red hair. Her hair suddenly reached only to her shoulders and the rest on the floor.

"See? Not that hard" she said as she began cleaning up her mess and throwing everything away. Tatara sat there, his eyes still wide from witnessing the murder of her hair.

"Come one Tatara, let's go home before it gets too dark"

Naomi dragged the older male down the stairs and out the door as she bid a farewell to the old lady. The two quickly walked to the train station, neither saying a word.

"Naomi, why are we walking to fast?"

"Because I'm  too scared to be out for longer. I just want to get home" Tatara barely caught her saying. A sad expression formed on his face before he quickened his pace to keep up with the teenage girl.

~~~

"What the hell happened to your hair?!" was the first thing Naomi heard when she walked into the bar.

"I cut it" she said simply to the confused bartender.

"Yeah but why?"

"It was getting too long. It feels so much better and lighter now that it's short" she ran a hand through her hair, relishing in its short length.

"How did you let her do that!" kusanagi turned his attention to Tatara.

"I tried stopping her! B-but you know how she is. She took the scissors from my hands and just chopped it all off!"

Kusanagi just sighed as he looked between to two before continuing on with shining his bar. Naomi went over to the table she was at earlier and began reading the article from earlier. Tatara just went over to the bar and sat in front of Kusanagi.

"Where did you two go?" Izumo asked.

"To some book shop pretty far from here. But it has an amazing view and a very nice owner." he smiled small before looking back down at his hands.

"Did anything happen?" Kusanagi asked lowly.

"No, not at all. But when the sun started setting, she got really nervous. She said was too scared to be out at night. It just makes me sad because she wasn't like that before and knowing I can't really protect her makes me a bit sad" Tatara let out. Kusanagi frowned a little at the thought of his almost-sister feeling unsafe.

"Well, it's to be expected. We just need to be there for her in the meantime"

"Yeah, you're right"

•••••••

Lmao hi I'm so sorry this chapter suckedddd and I haven't updated in like literally forever. I promise I have a few chapters written ahead but I'm still writing things out ok.

Also, I wanted to announce something; I would like (you don't have to) see cool artwork for this story! If you want to and have the time to draw out your favorite scene or whatever, please do so and message me either on here or my personal tumblr (introvertedmelodrama). It would mean the world to me and I would also post a new thing of artwork for each chapter. So the more artwork and stuff, the more chapters I updated and the quicker I do it all.

Other than that, stay flawless, drink water and be safe yall. Thank y'all so much for liking this story and commenting and such, it makes me so happy