Chapter 20- Paul

"Mia. Miaaa." I looked up and saw my mom standing next to my bed.

"Good morning sweetie. Get ready for school!"

I got up and changed. I put on my jean shorts, a red and blue striped shirt, and my red converse. I looked in the mirror and thought, I'm gonna see Nick today. It's gonna be really awkward. I sighed and rubbed my lips.

~~~~

I walked into school with my backpack hanging to my side. My phone rang. It was a text from Nick.

Meet me by the lamppost behind the teachers lounge.

I put my phone away and walked to where Nick told me too. I tried my best to sneak by the classrooms.

"Um! Where exactly are you going!? School ditcher!" I looked back and saw Tara standing there. "Um. What do you mean by school ditcher?", I asked. "You missed school on Friday so you could go to universal studios with Nick!"

"Ok....so you know about that. Listen Tara, I really need to go right now." "To where?!" "My mom is gonna give me my lunch. I forgot it."

Tara flipped her hair and walked away. I rushed to the lamppost. When I got there, I found Nick leaning on the lamp holding a pice of paper. "Hey.", I said walking to him.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I'm glad you're here. I talked with Paul and he sent me this letter!", he said showing it to me. It said,

Nick, I saw your request on being given the permission to date non actor girls! You told me so much about this Mia. She sounds very perfect for you! As long as you two are careful with this relationship, I have now given you permission to date a beautiful young lady as you wish.
-Paul Starn

My mouth opened wide. "Nick, this is great!", I screamed hugging him. He laughed.

"I know! I told you I would never leave you." "You're the best.", I said leaning into his lips. He pulled me closer to him as we kissed for a while. The bell rang and Nick pulled away.

"We're gonna be late!", he screamed. We sprinted all the way to class running through the hallways. We barged into class and everyone got silent.

"Nick, Mia, what happened?" Mrs.Dilem asked us. We sat down and looked at eachother. "Nothing! Sorry we're late.", Nick said. Ariana leaned into me and whispered.

"What have you guys been doing?" I smiled and bit my lip.

"Well, we've bonded....a bit." Her eyes widened. "Oh my lord! Mia!" I put my finger on her lips. "Shush!" She backed up and squealed in her seat. I giggled a little.

Nick looked at me.

"So is everyone close to finishing their projects?", Mrs.Dilem asked us.

"France is such a great place to know about!", Lauren said.

"Haha, Germany is way better!", George shouted laughing.

I looked at Tara. She looked proud by how much her partner was shaping her off. Mrs.Dilem turned to look at me and Nick.

"How about you two?", she asked us. "China is doing great!", Nick said. "Yea! We have an amazing surprise for our presentation!", I screamed. Mrs.Dilem laughed. "You two are so cute. Great teamwork!"

~~~~

School finished and I walked out of class. Ariana caught up with me and grabbed my arm.

"Mia! Tell me what happened between you two!" I smiled.

"Oh Ariana. You have no idea! We went to universal studios with Gabe and Moises. It was so much fun! When we got home that night, Gabe and Moises were sleeping so Nick and I went outside. It was so amazing!"

"You two kissed!", she said.

"Nick looked into my eyes and leaned in. The next thing you know, he kissed me! Ever since that night, everyday had been so amazing!" Ariana hugged me very tight.

"This is so great!", she screamed. I looked down. "But the bad thing is.....Trent returned." Ariana's smiled suddenly turned into a frown.

"Trent came back? That's not good. What has he done?", she asked me.

"He kissed me over and over again. I was tied to a chair in my room. But Nick came and saved me!" Ariana's smile returned. "Nick is perfect for you!", she screamed. I bit my lip.

"Yea, I really love him."

Hey guys!
Ok, school starts tomorrow. I'm really scared. 8th grade won't be that bad! I'm at the same school with the same people. Maybe I'm not that scared anymore.

I saw Paper Towns today! Oh my lord it's such a good movie. But it's not really what I expected.
~Kassie