Chapter 34-Ryder

~Nick POV~

We have finally arrived at 5pm at the hotel.
"Oh shit it's hot Mateo.", I whispered wiping the sweat off my face.

"Get used to it pretty boy.", he murmured. I stopped him before he took another step.
"Mateo, why do you still not like me?" "I like you nick." "But why do you treat me like if I were a dead fish that were only bone?" He huffed and looked at me in the eye.

"I want you to not hurt Mia. It hurts me seeing my younger cousin that I fucking love so much drift away from me to be with a movie actor!", he shouted getting angrier every word. I backed away a bit. I looked around for uncle mike and Diego and Mr.Castro. They must've left to the hotel.

Mateo's eyes began to water. "I'm sorry nick. It-it's just that Mia and I used to be really close but it changed." He wiped a year from his cheek and walked into the hotel.

~Mia POV~

I laid on the cold bed wanting some fresh air. It's about 80 degrees here but so much humidity! I can't handle it.

"Mia, did you put away your new clothes?", aunt Maria asked from the other room. "Yes!", I mumbled from under a pillow.

There was a knock on the door so I went to open it.
"Nick!" I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. "What's up Mia!", he shouted kissing my forehead. Mateo pushed is out of the way and walked to his room.

"What's up with him?", I asked. Nick sighed. "He's still mad at me. He feels as if you've drifted away from him a bit." I covered my eyes. "Oh my lord not again!"

~~~~

"How's your food?", the waiter at sibarza asked us. Nick looked up from his fish and smiled. That was all the waiter needed. "Are you done nick? It's getting a little late."

He finished the rest of his dinner and got up. He held my hand as we walked along the edge of the pool. "I can't believe that we leave in three days.", he whispered,"I really like your family." He gave him a little push and smiled. "They really love you." "Oh, I gotta go to the bathroom. I drank to much water. Wait here?", he asked rushing me into a quick kiss before running off to the nearest bathroom. I sat down on a pool chair and looked out at the beach that was far ahead.

"Um hi.", a voice behind me said. I turned around and saw a familiar guy standing behind me. He had brown hair and was wearing a blue surfer shirt with grey shorts and sandals. His skin a soft tan. He looked familiar. "Uh, hi? Do I know you?", I asked questioned. He but his lip. "Yea actually you do know me I think? Are you Mia Castro?", he asked scratching his neck. I blinked twice. "Yes I am. How did you know?"

He sighed. "We used to hang out everytime you would come to Cancun. We were 13 when I last saw you." His sparkling brown eyes twinkled in the moonlight. I smiled. I remember him. I stood up and gave him a long hug. "Ryder Lopez. I remember you.", I whispered kissing his cheek. I could feel his heart beating fast when I kissed him. He looked down and smiled.

*Flashback*

I was sitting on the edge of the pool at age 7 when a young boy splashes water at me. "Hey little brat wanna play?", he asked teasing me. I crossed my arms and laughed. "Sure!" And we splashed eachother the entire time.

I was at the age 9. Ryder and I were watching a soccer game in the game bar at the hotel. Both of us wearing Mexico jerseys cheering on as our home team was winning. Ryder hugged me very hard after our favourite player, chicharito, scored the winning goal.

We were at the age of 11. Ryder and I were at the beach playing beach soccer. He had passed me the ball and helped me score my first goal for our team. We celebrated so much after that time.