Chapter 5: Nick the New Student

ANNA'S POV

I woke up with a massive headache. I cried a lot last night. I realized I was still wearing my last night dress. I got up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. It was only 6 in the morning, I still have 2 hours before the class started.

I went straight to the kitchen to make my self a cuppa. I opened the window and felt the wind brushed my face. This is why I love waking up early, well yeah I'm a morning person. It's just that the air is very fresh and I love it.

I decided to take my bag already and went to the park. I would just sit there, waiting until the class started. I left a note on the freezer, telling my parents that I left to university earlier.

I walked to the park. I saw some people running, some of them just took a walk with their dogs. I sighed, I miss my dog. I used to have a dog called Alpha, but since I got this illness which the doctor said no pets around me so I had to let him go. Alpha is now in my aunt's house, she adopted him because he has no place to stay since my family let him go.

I sat on the bench, taking a deep breath. The thought of having this illness scared me, what scared me the most is that I'm dying. I will die soon and doctor said that I only have 5 years left to live. But 2 years have passed which is mean I only have 3 years left.

I'm 20 and I still want to live longer than just 3 years. I want to graduate and get my degree, I want to be a successful fashion designer just like my mom, I want to work and earn my own money, I want to find the love of my life and get married with him and have a lot of kids. But I guess that's not gonna happen.

The thought of that brought me to tears. I'm not ready to die, I'm scared of death. I don't want to leave my mom and dad, they are the only one that I have. I'm just not ready.

"Are you okay?"

Someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see a guy around my age. He has blue eyes and that jawline.. Oh my God. He looked at me straight in the eyes, making me nervous. He sat next to me.

"Why is a beautiful girl crying in the park?"

I wiped my tears, feeling just like an idiot to cry in front of a stranger.

"Hey don't be embarrassed to cry. Let it out, you will feel much better"

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my self down. Then I smiled.

"That's a very beautiful smile. I'm Nick by the way" he extended his hand.

"Anna" I shook his hand.

"So Anna, will you tell why were you crying? You can tell me everything, I can keep a secret. I promise"

I looked at him. Should I tell him? I mean, we have just met and I have only known him for about 5 minutes.

"Well.. I was just overthinking about my life. When I was 18 I was diagnosed with a serious illness and doctor said that I'm dying" I finally said.

He looked concern. "No way.. What illness?"

"Something about brain tumors. I only have 3 years left of my life and that's stressing me a lot" my voice cracked.