Chapter 10: Promise

ANNA'S P.O.V

"I'm not going to hurt you" Nathan said, holding my hands in him. I don't know what has got into him, to be nice to me, but I like 'this' Nathan anyway.

"You promise?"

"I promise"

I sighed of relief, he then pulled me into his hug. No way.. I even love his hug. What is this? What kind of magic he is pulling on me? I mean.. where are we now? The past months filled with our war. But now, as if something changed and turned him into this good side.

"What's wrong?" he asked, pulling away a bit to look at me.

"Hm?"

"You tensed. Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" he looked at me with concern.

As much as I love his hug, again.. I can't do it. I have Nick and he is my boyfriend now and I don't want to go behind his back with another guy. It's unfair for him and I don't want to be a playgirl anyway.

"This is so wrong, about what I did. I have Nick and I can't go behind his back. I'm sorry Nathan" I looked away but he stopped my cheek from turning.

"Hey, we are just starting to be good friends. I know you have him, and I'm not going to steal you away from him. It's not like I like you in 'that' way so don't worry about it"

I nodded. "Glad we are clear now"

There was an awkward silence. Nor he and I said anything. I looked over at him and watched as he played with his hands, thinking of something.

"Erm I'd better go now" I announced, breaking the silence.

He quickly looked up. "Yeah erm let me drive you home". As if he didn't let me to say no, he grabbed his key and walked with me to his car.

We didn't talk much in the car. He suddenly became silent, I kept gazing at him but he didn't look at my way. Did I do something wrong to him? He just suddenly kept himself away from me, did he feel rejection? But I thought we are just friends. I mean, yeah we kissed but it didn't mean anything, I was just trying to help him when he was drunk last night. And surely it meant nothing to him too.

The ride seemed longer than I thought. Then I realized that he was driving to the other way from my house.

"I think you missed the turn to my house, Nath" I said, slowly looking at him.

"I'll drive you home later, I want to take you somewhere"

"Why? Where?"

"Just come with me" he smiled.

*

"What flavor?" the lady asked as we reached the shop. 

Nathan took me to eat ice cream. I don't mind actually, I love ice cream!

"Citrus please, what about you?" Nathan turned to me.

"Peppermint!" I squalead, making Nathan laughed.

The lady handed us our ice cream and Nathan being the gentleman wanted to pay for the both of us. I just nodded and looked for an empty seat. I sat down and enjoyed my ice cream. Not long after that, Nathan came and sat down across me.

"Why citrus? I mean, isn't it so sour?"

"I get sore throat quite often because I sing a lot. The lads and I are recording a new album so yeah I kinda have a sore throat now and citrus would help a lot" he explained, enjoying his ice cream.

"You're recording? I never knew that" I knew about their band like a year ago but I thought they were on a break?

"Well our band was on a break for like 2 years, but we think it's time for us to come back and now we're back and decided to make a new album"

"Oh, that make sense" I said, enjoyed the last bits of my ice cream cone.

"What about you? Why peppermint? Doesn't it taste like toothpaste?" he asked just the way I asked about his flavor.

I shrugged. "Honestly I don't know, I just love its taste". He just chuckled. "What?"

"No wonder why your breath smelled like mint when we kissed" he smirked.

My eyes widen, my cheek turned red. Did he just..

"Oi!!" I slapped his arm playfully, he just laughed and blocked my hand from hitting him.

My head suddenly hurt. I winched in pain, holding my head. It's like my brain was stabbed with a bunch of needles, and it froze. I remember once my doctor said I can't eat ice cream too much because its cold would affect my brain.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he held my hand as if it helps a bit.

He can't know about this. He can't know about my illness. I won't tell him, I mean.. it's not that important. He would not care about it either.

"Are you okay?" Nathan asked once again, waiting for me to speak. I took a deep breath.

Don't show him your illness. Keep it secret.

"I'm fine" I looked up. He knitted his eyebrows, as if he didn't believe me. "I just.. had a little brain freeze attack. You know it always happens after eating ice cream" I laughed nervously.

He seemed to believe in me. "Alright. Now you're okay, let's go home" he said. I just nodded as we stood up and headed to his car.

***