Chapter 40: Dad's birthday party

ANNA'S P.O.V

"Anna, your brother is here!" Max knocked on the door as I stepped out of the shower.

"Tell him I'll be ready in 15 minutes"

"Okay sist"

"Where are you going babe?" Nathan asked with his sleepy voice, he just woke up.

"Going out with Nick, we're going to find a gift for my dad's birthday today" I said as I put my cloths on.

"It's your dad's birthday?"

"Yep. And we're making a surprise for him tonight, you should come too"

"Sure. What time are you coming back?" He asked as he got up, making his way to me.

"Maybe at noon, I'll make sure I come back before 5"

"Alright, I'll be at home today. I'm tired" he yawned.

"Now you're the one who's tired?" I smirked at him, he giggled.

"Take care of yourself baby" he smiled.

"Always. And don't worry I'll make sure to bring you a nice venti of Starbucks" I winked at him, making his eyes widen. He loves Starbucks so much.

"You always know how to make my day" he smirked at me before leaning in to kiss me.

"See you later babe" I said and left the room to meet my brother downstairs.

NICK'S P.O.V

"Hey brother!" She greeted as she saw me.

"Hi sist" I gave her a quick hug, she giggled. It's always nice to see her happy like this. If only I was not her brother.. Gosh what the hell are you thinking, Nick?!

"Shall we go now?"

"Yep!"

We spent hours finding a perfect gift for our dad. Yeah our dad. Zach is now my father, I would not call him my step father though. But I'm still not used to it, you know.. Meeting my real mother who I lost for 20 years. My real father, Mike, died when I was a baby. But I'm glad that I found my real family.

It's not that I don't like living with Frank & Nina Williams, my adoptive parents for the last 20 years. But Frank is a business man, he is always busy. Frank and Nina couldn't have a child of their own because Nina once got an infection on her reproduction system, the doctor had to take away her ovary. That's what they told me. Frank travels the world, managing his enterprises. Actually he already gave me a job to manage his enterprise here while he was away. That's why I left London to move here, he needs my help.

Even though they are always busy and barely have time for me but I'm happy with them. They gave me their affection from I was a baby until now, they gave me so much respect. They treated me like their own son. I'm glad that they found me when my family's house was burnt.

ANNA'S P.O.V

We spent 4 hours looking for a gift and we finally got it. We decided to buy a new watch that dad has always wanted and a VIP ticket to watch jazz music live concert that my dad loves, it did cost a lot of money but anything to make him happy. Plus, he has been working so hard, he deserves to spend a day off watching his favorite music.

"Dad would kill us if he knew we cost a lot of money on this" I giggled.

"He won't, he will love it" Nick said as we finished having lunch.

"I hope so. So what's next?"

"Buy him a cake and prepare for the surprise tonight"

"This is going to be a fun night" I smirked, he giggled.