Chapter 46: Finally found her

ANNA'S P.O.V

Another month passed and I have never been better. I was diagnosed with depression and somehow my illness got worse because of that. I hate to say that I lost my baby. I had a miscarriage last week due to my depression and because my body was too weak for the baby to grow. I broke down, I cried so hard. I lost my baby. I lost my baby with Nathan. The only one that's left from Nathan is the baby, but I lost her now.

I isolated myself from the world, I stopped talking to people, I stopped going out, I stayed in my room all the time. I kept wondering why bad things happen to me. First my illness, then Nathan, then the baby.

"Anna" I heard Nick said as he knocked on the door.

I remained silent.

"I know you hear me, sis. Will you open the door please?"

I kept silent.

"Anna, please. I just want to talk you. I'm worried about you, we're all worried about you. Please.. Let your brother come in and cheer you up"

I looked at the door, not sure if I had to open it or not. I have been so distance to my family over the past week. I have been such a burden to them, I don't deserve them.

I slowly got up from my bed, walking to open the door. The first thing I saw was a sad look from my brother.

NICK'S P.O.V

I sighed of relief when she finally opened the door. She stood there, looking down on the floor. Her room was so dark, she never turn the lamp on ever since she had a miscarriage last week. It hurt me to see her like this, she didn't deserve to go through this. That jerk ruined her life into hell. My sister deserves someone way better than that dickhead.

When I turned the lamp on, my eyes widen as I finally looked at my sister. She got so skinny! It's like she hasn't eaten for the whole week. Her cheekbones appeared perfectly, she looked so pale and her eyes were swollen for God knows how long she had been crying.

"Oh Anna" my heart crushed to see my sister like this. She didn't say anything, she hugged her knees with her hands.

I sighed and sat beside her. She didn't move, as if she didn't sense that I was here.

"I know the past 6 months have been hard for you. Things happened and I know it hurt you so much, but you can't stay like this, Anna. You have a life and you should have never locked up yourself from the world. Mum is worried about you, dad too, and so am I. We are sad to see you like this, we want you to get better. But we can't help you if you won't let us, sist" I took her hands in mine.

She still didn't say anything, nor looking at me.

"I know you're still so upset about the baby, but she's already happy there. Heaven gained another baby angel. You need to be strong, I know you are a fighter, sist. Imagine how upset the baby to see her mom like this, do you want the baby cries in heaven because her mom keeps crying?" I asked and she shook her head. "Then will you get better? For her? For you too?" I lift her chin up.

"I-I can't stand with this, it's all too much" that was the first thing she said over the past week.

"I know Ann, I know. But you need to be strong. I'm here for you. I will help you to get better. I promised you I'll always be here for you, remember?" I asked and she responded with a nod, she wiped her tears then looked at me.

"Promise me you will help me to go through this?" She asked.

"I promise. I promise you as your brother, I will help you to go through everything. You are my sister and it's my job to protect you and make you happy" I smiled at her, earning another smile from her. It's the first time in ages since I last saw her smile and I'm glad that she smiled now.