Chapter 16: Broke Up

-a week later-

ANNA'S P.O.V

I finished showering when my mom called me. I walked downstairs in the living room to find my mom and dad sat on the sofa. Once they saw me, they smiled. I knew there's something happened here.

"I'm here. What do you wanna talk about?" I asked calmly. 

Both my mom and dad exchanged happy looks for a moment before looking back at me. "Your dad has been chosen as the new director in his company" my mom said.

My eyes widen. "Really? Oh my God that's amazing! Congrats, dad! I'm so proud of you" I stood up and walked up to hug my dad, he hugged me back.

"Thanks, princess" my dad poked my nose, making me giggled. "But there's another thing I need to tell you" he added.

"Okay what is it?"

"I will be transferred to LA for the new project I will be working on with the company, and I will be there for 2 months and your mom needs to go with me" my dad said.

I froze, trying to understand all the things he just told me. He will be staying in LA for 2 months? With my mom? What about me?

"But.. what about me? I can't go with you two, I still have a month of college before we finish the 3rd year" I looked at my mom, hoping that she would stay with me.

She smiled and held my hand. "I don't want to leave you alone honey but your dad needs me there too"

I sighed and looked at my dad. "When are you leaving?"

"Erm the day after tomorrow"

Great. They are soon leaving me for another 2 months. Leaving their 'sick' daughter, alone. What if something happened to me when they are away? I can't stay alone in this house.

"But you can't just leave me alone here, what if something happens to me?"

My dad sighed. "I'm so sorry, princess, we don't mean to leave you like this. How about if you ask Kelsey to stay with you? Just for a month, and when you finish college you can come to LA with us"

I sighed. "Fine, I'll just ask Kelsey later"

"I'm so sorry, princess" my dad poked my cheek, making me giggled. He always knew how to make me happy.

"Alright, dad. You have a job and I'm here to support you" I winked at my dad.

-2 days later-

I told Kelsey everything about my dad's new promotion and that I really want her to stay with me. Unfortunately, as much as Kelsey would love to stay with me, she couldn't. Tom was here and he needs her too, there's no way she would leave him. I understood though, Tom is her boyfriend. Though Kelsey said she could stay for a few nights in a while.

"Are you going to be okay, princess?" my dad asked again.

"Dad, seriously you've been asking me a hundred times" I rolled my eyes, making him giggled. "I'm fine, dad. You need to hurry up or you'll miss the flight" I added.

"Oh you're right!" he freaked out as he looked at his watch.

I stood in front of the door, looking at my mom and dad bringing their suitcases into the taxi before they pulled me into hug. We did a group hug for like 5 minutes before they kissed my cheek and told me to take care of myself. I watched as the taxi slowly disappeared from my vision.

 And here I am, in this house alone.

I locked the door and sat on the sofa in the living room. I turned on the TV and looked for a good show to watch but nothing. I sighed and made my way to the kitchen if I could find anything to eat. I haven't had my breakfast, my mom didn't cook this morning because she was in hurry.