Chapter 36: Forgive and Forget

ANNA'S P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of someone shouting. My head hurt so bad, I looked around and realized that I was in Kelsey's room.

"I told you you can't see her" I heard Kelsey said outside the room.

"Kelsey please don't be like this, I need to explain to her" this time I heard Nathan said.

I tried to remember what had happened earlier. I remembered Nick shouted at Nathan, telling him how he made me cry and stuff.

"You can't tell me what to do, Kels!" Nathan snapped.

"Lower your voice, Nath, she's asleep!" Kelsey spat before slamming the door, making me jump a little.

I closed my eyes again, pretending to sleep as I heard footsteps coming closer.

"Who the hell did he think he is to do that?" I heard Kelsey said.

"He needs to learn from his mistake" Carrie said.

"It's very late, let's just go to sleep" this time Nareesha said.

The girls crawled on the bed beside me as I heard snores from them, they are fast asleep. My head was still pounding so I closed my eyes to finally sleep again.

*

When I woke up, it was only 8 in the morning. I turned to see the girls were still fast asleep. I have had enough sleep last night so I got up, making my way straight to the kitchen to make myself a cuppa.

Once I got there, Nathan was already there, sitting on the kitchen counter whilst covering his face with his hands. He looked stressed. I didn't know what to do, I wasn't ready to meet him. Nathan must sensed me because then he looked up to see me. I could see sadness in his eyes, his eyes looked very tired which I assumed he didn't sleep last night.

"Hey" his stuttered. As much as it hurt me to see him like this, I needed to be stronger. He kissed that girl.

I looked at the other way and started making a cuppa, ignoring him behind me.

"Anna I-"

"Don't. Don't say anything. Just don't" I cut his words. I grabbed the cup of tea, avoiding eyes contact with Nathan.

"I just want to apologize. For everything. I was being a jerk to you, I know that. And about that kiss.. I-I'm so sorry. I was drunk and-"

"Stop! I told you not to say anything, what part of 'don't say anything' that you don't understand?!" this time I snapped at him.

He looked surprised to see my outburst but I could careless. I was still hurt and betrayed.

He gulp. "I-I just want to apologize. I just.. I don't want to lose you, Anna. I'm so sorry"

I sighed and turned to him. "Look, I don't understand the thing between us. Something happened and it ruined us. We fight, we keep arguing, you being distance to me, everything. It's confusing and stressing. I think it's the best if we.. take a break" I lower my voice to say the last part.

I don't need to see that Nathan already looked so shocked. "We what?"

"Take a break. For a while. Until everything has settled down" I looked down at my cuppa, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"No, no, please don't do that. Y-you can't do that to me, please.. I lo-"

"It's for the best, Nathan" I cut his words, looked up to see him. "We both are messed up. We need to take a break to cool down. We need it"