Chapter 58: He found out

ANNA'S P.O.V

It took me a lot of effort and time to convince Nick about my decision. He disapproved at first, but I told him that Emily needs a heart transplant and I would die happily if I can do something helpful for other's life. After doing some heart checks, turned out I was a perfect donor for Emily. Nick was in tears, he kept saying that he didn't want to lose me. But we can't do anything. This is my fate.

"Promise me. Promise me you won't tell anyone about this, not until the day of the surgery" I told Nick as we were back in my room.

He sighed. "They deserve to know"

"I know, but not now. Imagine how heartbroken they would be if I told them about my decision, give me some time"

"Okay. I promise" he said as he wiped his tears and hugged me tightly, I hugged him back. It's not like I want to leave everyone, I had no choice.

"Please take care of mom and dad when I'm gone"

"Don't say that yet, don't say anything about dying. Don't remind me about that, please I can't take it anymore" he sobbed again.

"I'm sorry" I rubbed his back, tried to calm him down.

Soon we pulled away as the door opened, it was Nathan.

"Hi babe, hey mate" Nathan greeted as he closed the door and walked towards me.

"Erm I'll buy some drinks, I'll be right back" Nick stood up and left, obviously tried to avoid eyes contact with Nathan because he was in tears.

"Did he just cry?" Nathan raised an eyebrow once Nick left.

"Erm we did a joke and he ended up crying because he laughed so hard" I giggled nervously, I suck at lying.

"Okay then" he then took a seat next to me, but I tap the bedside next to me.

"Come here Nath" I said. He just smiled then sat on the bed beside me.

I rested my head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arm around me. I'm going to leave him next week. Sooner or later I'm gonna have to tell him about my decision, I'm just scared he would be mad at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he played with my hair.

"Better when you're here" I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

He chuckled. "So cheesy"

But it's true, I feel much better when he is here with me. As much as I don't want to leave him, I had no choice. The thought of leaving him breaks my heart, I don't dare to tell him that I'm going to die soon. I tightened my grip in his arm, I don't want to leave him. He seemed to notice something.

"What is it, babe?"

"Nothing. I just want to cuddle my boyfriend" I buried my face on his chest, he put one arm on my back then started singing.

From the way you smile
To the way you look
You capture me
Unlike no other

From the first hello
Yeah that's all it took
And suddenly
We had each other

And I won't leave you
Always be true
One plus one, two for life
Over and over again

I closed my eyes as he sang. He has an angel's voice, it's so beautiful.

So don't ever think I need more
I've got the one to live for
No one else will do
And I'm telling you
Just put your heart in my hands