Chapter 13: Nightmare

ANNA'S P.O.V

I woke up to find myself in my room. Weird, I thought I was in Nathan's car. I sat up and found myself still wearing the outfit from yesterday. I grabbed my phone to find 2 missed calls from Nick and 1 message from Nathan. I dialed Nick's number and waited for him to pick it up.

"Finally, hey there"

"Hey, I'm so sorry for not picking up your call last night, I went to sleep earlier" I said as I rubbed my eyes.

"It's fine babe, I understand. Did you sleep well last night?"

"I did. How are you? How's the competition?"

"I'm good. It went well and we're just waiting the announcement of the winner in the next hour"

"Aww I hope your team wins babe"

"Thanks babe, I really hope so too. Listen, I gotta shower now. We'll talk again later"

"Okay, call me when you're not busy"

"I will. Love you babe"

"Love you too"

And the call ended. I sighed and made my way to the bathroom. I did my daily routine again. Took a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and made my way to the kitchen to have breakfast.

It's Sunday which means my parents will stay at home and we could possibly go out together. I reached the kitchen to find my mom has already had her breakfast.

"Morning honey" my mom greeted, smiling at me.

I looked at her, confused. They always wait for me to have breakfast together with them. I pulled out the chair and sat across my mom.

"Why didn't you wait for me?" I asked. There was a concern look in my mom's face. "And where is dad?"

"Honey, I'm so sorry. Both me and your father will stay in the hotel tonight" my mom began. I choked on my water. "Your father is very busy due to this new promotion in his office. He has 2 important meetings earlier tomorrow so he can't make it at home. Since your father's office is pretty far from here so I suggested him to stay in the hotel near his office tonight so he won't miss the meeting tomorrow. He agreed but he will need me to stay with him as well" she said.

"And you just leave me here alone?" I raised my eyebrows. How could they just leave me here alone?

"I'm sorry honey but we have no choice. I'll be going to see your father now. I promise I will be back tomorrow morning. Please will you stay?" she made a puppy face. This is why I can't say no to her.

I sighed. "Fine. But don't expect me to do all your laundry when you get home tomorrow" I rolled my eyes.

"I won't, I will do it all tomorrow. Well I gotta go honey, here's your breakfast. Don't forget to lock all the windows and doors if you go out. Don't bring or let random people here. Don't burn the house!" she told me all the detail things I should do.

"Yea yea I got it mom"

"Thanks my girl! Oh I left some money in my bed, in case you need anything. Bye honey, I will call you when I arrive" she kissed my cheek then left the house.

Here we go now. Home alone. The house was so quiet right now, I can even hear my own breaths. I turned my TV on to see if there's something good to watch. Just when I changed the channel..

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

"SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!" I screamed, making me laugh at myself for being so childish and stupid over Spongebob Squarepants.