Chapter 27: Insecure

ANNA'S P.O.V

The boys had a day off today and we decided to go to the beach to get tanned. I was nervous and worried to wear a bikini, that reminds me of what Leah said about me. I don't have a good body shape and I felt ashamed of my body.

"I'm so excited for today!" Carrie cheered as us the girls packed our bikinis.

"Me too! I need to color my skin even more, I look pale" Kelsey said, folding her towel.

"The weather is so nice, I can't wait to sunbath" Nareesha said.

I just sat on Kelsey's bed, listening to their conversation. I didn't feel like to go, I don't want to expose my body. I'm too ashamed.

"Are you okay baba?" Nareesha sat beside me, rubbing my shoulder.

I sighed. "I don't want to go"

"Why not?"

"I just.. I don't feel comfortable to wear a bikini" I stared at the floor.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm ashamed of my body" I said quietly.

"Why would you even embarrassed of your body? I don't see anything wrong with your body, your body is beautiful" Carrie said, looking at my body.

"Anna, babe, you're beautiful, okay? I know how you feel. I used to be ashamed of my body, because I had and still have fat spots around my body. But Tom made feel confident, he taught me to not be ashamed of my body. Because girls are beautiful in their way" Kelsey rubbed my back.

I just smiled at them and we did a group hug. They are the best sisters I have ever had. We continued packing our stuff and headed downstairs to meet the boys, who are ready and waiting for us to go.

NATHAN'S P.O.V

We are going to the beach today! I'm so excited! I can't wait to sunbath with Anna, it would be a new experience. I finished packing my stuff and headed downstairs but heard a conversation in Tom's room.

"I don't want to go" I heard Anna said. I stopped and quietly listened to their conversation.

"Why not?" I heard Nareesha asked.

"I just.. I don't feel comfortable to wear a bikini"

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm ashamed of my body" she said it quietly but I could still hear it.

I couldn't believe with what she just said. Why would she be ashamed of her body? She is beautiful, her body is beautiful too. She is perfect. Why can't she see that?

I heard footsteps coming closer to the door, I quickly ran downstairs to meet the boys in the living room. I sat beside Jay, who's busy playing ninja assassins on his phone while Siva, Max, and Tom talked some random things.

Soon the girls were downstairs, bringing their bags. I saw a frown on Anna's beautiful face. Our eyes met and she smiled at me, taking a seat beside me.

"Are you okay?" I said as I intertwined our fingers.

"I'm good" she smiled at me.

"Don't lie to me"

She looked up at me. "What do you mean?"

"I heard what you said in Kelsey's room, that you are ashamed of your body. Why would you, babe? You are beautiful and you do have a beautiful body too. Don't be ashamed of yourself, you are beautiful inside and out" I brought her chin up so she could see me.