*Chapter 8*

"I think that you are softening up to him,"Jessica suggested, giving her ice cream cone another good lick.

After school we had driven to the mall and were currently eating a snack before going shopping.

"I don't think so."

If I was softening up would I still feel the surge of hatred every time his name is mentioned? Or maybe what I was feeling wasn't hatred, but extreme sadness and disappointment? Either way, there was no way in hell we are going to become all buddy-buddy anytime soon.

 "It's totally obvious,"Another lick of the frozen cream,"If you weren't softening up to him, then you wouldn't have that guilty look on your face."

Did I have a guilty look on my face? I sure hope that she was just imagining things.

"If I was softening up to him, then why would I verbally attack my boyfriend when he started talking about how we should go to one of his concerts?"I pointed out.

"You really do have a nosy boyfriend. Maybe you are just hurt. I feel like you two will be on better terms soon enough. Just stop being so rude and lighten up a bit. I'm not saying you have to be nice to him, just tolerate him."

I nodded my head,"I'll try."

"Good! Now let's go shop til we drop!"my friend cheered!

Ten minutes later found us in a very expensive dress and suit shop, surrounded by dresses that neither of us could afford.

"I don't know why we even came in here! We are just teasing ourselves! These dresses are way to pricey for a high school student without a job,"I huffed towards my friend, who was smiling happily while searching through the plentiful racks.

"It let's us get a feel of the style that we want. Just pick out a few that you like and we can try them on."

Instead of arguing, I chose to just go along with it and started searching through the dresses. After a had a few (or maybe ten) that I had fallen in love with, I went into the dressing room beside Jessica's. 

"Let's go out at the same time,"Jessica suggested from the cubical beside mine and I gave an affirmative answer.

I pulled on the first dress, making sure to save the best for last. The first one was a tight blue metallic number with a thin silver belt just under the breast line. As soon as Jessica said she was ready, we both stepped out and looked at each other.

She was wearing a periwinkle purple dress that cinched at the waist and flowed down to a few inches above her knees.

"Cute,"I nodded,"But I think you can do better."

"The same,"she nodded and we went in for round two.

After five dresses, Jessica had found one that stole her heart and she refused to try on anymore. It was a strapless powder pink dress with a sweetheart neckline. It cinched under her breasts with a pink leather belt with a metal bow, before gliding down to her knees in beautiful ruffles. It surprisingly only cost $200, very cheap for this store. Her dad gave her a $150 limit, so she was currently on the phone with him, trying to convince him that she absolutely needed this dress if she was to live.

I just rolled my eyes at her tactics and went back into the dressing room to try on the other dresses. The next four just got a simple shake of the head from my friend, but I knew this last one would win her over. It was a black lace dress with a sweetheart neckline, but it had thin lace that goes over the shoulders and attached at the back. The dress itself went to about three inches above the knee, but the top layer of lace went down an inch further.