*Chapter 22*

I woke up, my slight buzz from last night giving me a headache. I moved to get up, but I felt a strong arm holding me down. I flipped around as silently as I could and watched as Luke's chest rose and fell.

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered and he shifted in his sleep. His eyes flicked open and shifted around before landing on me. When he spotted me, a smile spread and warmed up his sleepy features. His beautiful smile caused my lips to curve up in return.

"Good morning,"his breath whispered across my face.

"The best,"I winked.

He sighed,"You should probably be getting home."

"Yeah,"I huffed.

I flipped around and got out of bed, clothing my naked body as quickly as possible. Luke got dressed, too and we were soon both in the kitchen.

"Are your cooking skills still beyond crappy?"I teased.

"If anything, touring made them even shittier. Eating chinese takeout every other night doesn't really help,"he chuckled, probably looking back at those memories.

"Do you like touring?"I asked as I got out stuff to make fried egg sandwiches.

He nodded hesitantly,"It was only a small tour, nothing major. It got kind of lonely. I was only the crowd-warmer so I had a seperate bus from the main band, Florida-Georgia Line. Of course, back then they weren't that popular so the places weren't sold out. I don't think that they liked me that much. They just saw me as an amateur that got lucky. I was just a little kid to them."

"I guess that makes sense. You were only sixteen when you went touring. They must have been jealous that they had to work so hard and so long to be where they were and it seemed like you didn't. But your tour in the summer, won't you be the main act?"It hurt me to ask this question because it brought up the fact that he would be leaving me. Again.

 Whether he noticed my hurt expression or not, he didn't show it. "Yep. My opening act will be this new up-and-coming band called The Mudsliders. I've heard them live and they're pretty good. The lead singer is a girl, but it's an all guy instrumental."

Great. Not only will he be touring, but he'll also be with another girl. I just gave him a bright smile to show my support and continued to make breakfast. Once both sandwiches were done, we sat in smooth silence on the stools placed by the counter.

I let my thoughts wander through everything that had happened lately, attempting to take it all in. Clark and I were over. I was a legal adult. I was officially with Luke. I have been connected to Luke in every way possible. And I mean every way. I can't even start to explain how happy that makes me.

And it felt better than anything I had ever experienced. It was the real deal. It was the first time for all intensive purposes. It was our first time really making love. I'm not lying when I say that it was everything I had ever imagined and more.

I was broken from my pervy, yet sweet thoughts when Luke moved from beside me and took both of our empty plates to the sink.

"So, am I taking you home? Or would it be safer for Jessica to do that since that's where you are supposed to be?"he asked, with a smirk towards the end.

I blushed slightly under his gaze and muttered,"I'll call Jess."

Then I left the room and went back up to his room where I knew I would find my cell phone. I found it sitting on the night stand and quickly snatched it up before dialing Jessica's number by heart. 

"Hey lover girl,"she giggled after two rings.

"Save it,"I laughed.

She sighed,""Fine. I'm on my way. We'll talk about on the ride."