*Chapter 18*

<Luke's POV>

A big, goofy smile was on my face when I finished the call with Isabelle. I could tell that during the whole conversation she was nervous that I was going to cancel the date. It made me feel good that she was just as excited about this date as I was. It was going to be like old times, maybe better.

All those years that I ignored her, but secretly wished that I could be with her, were finally in the past. i could move on from that just like she has. I just hope that she doesn't bring it up at the date. I know how curious she can be.

I was no longer in the mood for writing because all my mind could focus on was Izzy. I got up and headed to put my guitar up, but stopped mid stride. A lyric, just one, kept replaying in my head. I hurried back to the notepad and wrote it down. Then, the rest just came to me and the next thing I know, I'm singing.

You are the only one for me
The only one who knows what I can be
The only one that bothers to really see

Even after all I've done
You never really seem to run
That's why I have to say
We need to get away 

As far as we can go
All that I know
Is I want you by my side
For forever

I'll never let you go
You just need to know
That I want you by my side
For forever

I took a breath and looked down at the notepad, proud of my work. I'm going to sing this to Izzy sometime soon. I'm going to get her back. We won't be on a limbo because of her decision. I'm going to make damn sure that she chooses me.

I put my guitar up this time and plop down on my bed, letting my eyes close. I lay there for awhile, before my mind shuts down and I fall asleep.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 The next day is Tuesday. Two more days until the date. 70 hours. 4,200 minutes. 252, 000 seconds. Okay, maybe I'm a little obsessed.

It's just that, Isabelle could turn me into a total sop. She had me whipped and everybody knew it. My mom knew it, her friends knew it, she knew it. I might as well have 'ball-less' written across my forehead.

The worst part? I didn't mind. I didn't mind one damn bit what she was doing to me. As embarrassing as it was, it was worth it. The rush of adrenaline I get around her, her laugh, her kisses- they were all worth the sacrifice.

And in the end she is the one that has had to sacrifice more for this relationship than I did. She was giving up a guy that she loved so that she could try to work it out with me. Clark never hurt her, it was always me. Yet she still chose me over him. I don't get it.

But Isabelle is a confusing person and never ceases to surprise me. She's a whirlwind that her whole group of friends are trapped in. She's like a magnet. Everybody likes her and wants to either be with her or be like her. And she doesn't even know. She has no idea what she can do to people.

My head snapped back to reality as I pulled up in front of the school. I smiled as I got out of the car, avoiding all of the looks and people saying hi to me. In stead, I ushered inside, making my way to Izzy's locker.

I walked up to her and gave her a warm smile, which she returned.

"Couldn't wait to see me, huh?"she teased, putting books in her locker.

I rolled my eyes,"No, I believe that you are the one that couldn't wait to see me."

She shrugged,"I guess I just imagined you pushing innocent Freshman to the side in your haste to get over here."