*Chapter 21*

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a short, sleeveless dress that was black and had shiny circles in blue and silver. Under my breasts there were rinestones and the ends of the dress curled. It reached about mid thigh.

I had slipped on some silver pumps and was wearing silver jewelry that matched the necklace my grandparents got for me. I curled my hair and pinned some back, keeping it out of my face. 

It was finally the day of my eighteenth birthday and a permanent smile was etched on my face and I couldn't get it off. I was finally a legal adult, no longer a minor. I could drink alcohol legally in England! Haha! I had had an official family get-together last weekend and this Saturday I was having a friend get-together. My parents had rented out a club, saying that this was a big deal.

Of course, I wasn't going to say no. The only thing that bummed me out was that they had made sure that the club wasn't going to provide any kind of alcohol. But, Sean told me that the football team had that area covered. Apparently, they knew a guy that made bear cans that looked like coca-cola cans. I don't really care how they do it, as long as they do it.

As I turned back around to face my room, I heard a soft knock come from my bedroom door before it swung open to reveal Jessica. We both squealed and jumped into each other's arms. I let a goofy smile slip onto my face as she pulled away and we examined each other's outfit.

She was wearing a gorgeous dark violet dress with a silver, sparkly bust. The top formed a shallow 'V' and it had thin straps over both shoulders. The mid-waist was tight and had a thin silver line before flowing out to just above her knees. Her hair was straight and bobby pinned to where it was all over her right shoulder. She was wearing strappy silver heels and simple make-up with sparse jewlery.

"You look beautiful,"she cooed, breaking the comfortable silence.

"You, too,"I said, sincerity clear in my voice.

We wasted no more time appreciating our dresses, and instead hooked arms and walked down into the living room. There we found both of our boyfriends waiting patiently. Their jaws almost dropped when they spotted us entering the room.

"You look beautiful,"Luke spoke first, coming forward to wrap an arm around my waist.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself.,"I smiled and studied his outfit- a button-up dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a dark wash pair of jeans.

He returned the smile and we both turned our attention to the other couple in the room. They were whispering with smiles on their faces, appearing to be in their own little world. I made a gagging noise as they began to make-out, causing them to pull away, identical blushes on their cheeks.

"C'mon,"Luke cleared his throat,"You can't be late to your own party."

We all walked outside to where Aarron's car was waiting. Luke and I climbed into the back while Aarron and Jessica claimed the front seats. It was a short drive, so I just leaned back into the comfortable seat and listened to the radio, letting my thoughts take over.

I was going to tell Luke my decision tonight. I had been with-holding it until the perfect time, but I think this is it. I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

I had invited Clark tonight and he had politely turned my offer down, claiming to have an exam the next day. I didn't believe him, but I let it slide. If it's too early for him, then I can wait to be friends.

My thoughts were interrupted by a gentle nudge of my shoulder, causing my eyes to fly open and my head to whip around. What i found was an anxious looking Luke holding a small silver gift bag in his hand.