*Chapter 15*

The next day I was prepared to face Luke. I had decided the night before that I wasn't going to tell him about breaking it off with Clark. I was just going to let him think what he's going to think and go back to being his friend. If he confronts me about it, then I will make something up on the spot because I hadn't really thought that far ahead yet.

I walked down the hall, Jessica at my side. I was greeted every once and a while by a person I didn't really know. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't popular, but it wasn't exactly me or something I did that makes me popular. I just knew the right people. My best friend is Sean, my boyfriend is the graduated star quarterback, and my ex is a country music star. I didn't have to be a cheerleader or anything! Haha!

I smiled to myself at my thoughts, causing Jess to give me a weird look before ignoring it and going back to talking to Aarron, who was walking next to her. For some unknown reason, I felt empowered and free. Maybe dumping Clark and moving on will be good for me. Maybe, for once, being with Luke will be good for me.

I stopped outside of my first block class, which I had with Sean and Luke, waving to Jessica and Aarron. They continued on, barely realizing I wasn't there anymore. Gosh, those lovebirds.

I entered the classroom, quickly taking my seat beside Sean and Luke. Luke looked nervous and jittery, while Sean just looked straight up confused. I turned to Sean with a fake glare, after all, I can't actually be mad at my best friend.

"I will never, ever forgive you for messing with my baby,"I said sternly, lying.

He pretended to be scared, but I could tell that he was amused,"I'm sorry. I know your baby means a lot to you. I promise never to tamper with it again." And this is why I am proud to call this guy my best friend. Unlike Jess, he didn't need to ask me what 'my baby' was. 

"Pinkie promise?"I gave a toothy grin.

"Pinkie promise,"he repeated, jutting out his pinkie as I did the same.

We interlocked pinkies, trying our hardest to hurt the other in the process. When it felt like my poor, little finger was going to fall off, I released and gave Sean a smirk,"You know, originally a pinkie promise meant that if you broke the promise, I could cut off your pinkie."

Now he actually did look scared, knowing that I would hold his word to him and if he broke the promise, well he might just lose a finger. Just then, the teacher who had already started today's lecture turned to give us both a glare and a shush. Sean and I shared a look before muffling our laughter into our hand. The teacher chose to ignore us this time and went back to what he was doing.

I glanced at Luke to find that he was still looking nervous and awkward. The least I could do for the poor guy is show him I'm not mad at him. So, when he turned to find me looking at him, I gave him a genuine, happy smile. He seemed to untense and loosen up as he returned a just as bright smile.

The teacher continued to drone on for the rest of the block until finally the bell rang, releasing Sean and I for Home Ec. We groaned simultaneously as we walked through the classroom door-it was the day that we must design and sew our own outfit for a baby doll. We sat at our table, Aarron in the table next to us.

"Are you guys ready for this?"I asked, turning my head to look at both of them.

They nodded seriously. We all rolled up our sleeves and prepared ourselves. I can't believe that two guys look like it's game day when we are only sewing. I guess, this will be just as difficult, if not more.

The end of class came too soon and I looked down at my outfit. I had drawn it out on a sketchpad and it had turned out actually decent, but then came the sewing part. Everybody had their own machine, so we didn't have to wait for somebody else to finish. I had chosen a floral pattern for the top and a jean material for the bottom.