*Chapter 12*

I remained slouched against the door with my head in my hands until my little sister, Sarah, came prancing into the entry foyer. As usual, she was wearing a sparkly pink tutu overtop of her clothes.

"What's wrong Sissy?"She asked in her cute, innocent little voice.

"Not much. Just boy troubles,"I waved it off a gave her what I hope was a convincing smile.

She seemed to ponder it before reaching her little hand down to me,"I know exactly what'll help!"

"And what would that be?"

"A tea party!"she shouted excitedly before taking my hand and leading me up the stairs to her room.

When I entered the room, I found that she had already set up the tiny table and chairs with her stuffed animals. She quickly cleared some away so that I could have a seat.

"The maid should be up soon with the tea and crumpets,"she said in a fake British accent.

I decided to use my own accent,"Well, isn't that lovely."

"Lovely indeed,"We waited in silence as I continued to sit while Sarah began to get out all of the little cups and saucers and the teapot.

It wasn't long before my mom came walking into the room with a tray of cookies and a bottle of sweet tea.

"I see that you have decided to join my fair lady?"she asked.

"Oh yes. It is quite a pleasure,"I said as she began to fill the pot with tea and place the cookies on the plates.

She nodded and smiled,"Well, have a nice time."And then she was gone and we were alone.

"Now that she's gone,"Sarah whispered,"We can get down to business. What is this boy's name?"

I laughed,"Luke."

"Oh. Crazy ex-boyfriend Luke,"she seemed to nod in understanding,"What has he done this time?"

She is really too serious and mature for her age, I thought.

"Well, he told me that he is going to leave me alone like I want."

"Then isn't that a good thing?"her face scrunched up in confusion.

"That's what I wanted at first, but then I realized that I still love him. And I wanted him to prove himself to me by never giving up and doing anything he can to get me back. But now, there is no chance he will. He is just going to go find a new girl to fall in love with. Maybe this time he won't break her heart,"I was on the verge of tears and Sarah seemed to notice because she handed me a dainty handkerchief.

"Thanks,"I accepted it and dabbed under my eyes, trying to keep my makeup from running.

"Well, I think that he will never stop loving you. I really liked having him around. He'll win you back somehow,"She said in her wise little kid voice.

Just then our mom burst through the door with a smile that soon changed to a frown when she noticed our predicament,"So I guess Sarah isn't going to ballet today?"

"Of course she is!"I said defiantly and picked her up,"And I'm taking her."

My mom nodded at me hesitantly and then told me the address before leaving. I turned to Sarah with a smile, desperate to not let this bonding time end. She was a lot more help than I thought she was going to be and it actually made me feel really good to talk to her.

I walked over to her dresser and found her leotard and ordered her to put it on. Then I went on a hunt for the matching black tutu. I finally found it along with her dancing shoes and helped her put them on. Then I put her long, golden hair up into a tight bun with one of her scrunchies. Now she's ready to go!