*Chapter 3*

I blinked rapidly, thinking my eyes were deceiving me. I was bracing myself to see him at school on Monday, but here he is at a college party.

A smile lit up his gorgeous face when he saw me looking. He glanced beside me, spotting Clark, and his smile dropped and turned into a frown. Or as close to a frown as you can get while singing.

His voice was smooth as velvet as he sang my favorite country song of all time, Vicious Circles by Aaron Lewis. He hit every note perfectly and somehow added his own spin to the musical masterpiece. He also added character, conviction, and emotion to the lyrics to where it's like he is telling a story. All of this came flooding back to me in memories. His voice reminded me of mine.

"Because we run in vicious circles, until we're dizzy with disdain, and there's-there's miles and miles between us, yet we still remain. Yet we still remain,"he finished the song in a hushed note and suddenly the whole room burst into applause.

"Thank you. I'm Luke Anderson and I'm so glad you liked it,"he smiled before launching into another song.

I wasn't familiar with this one, but it wasn't upbeat, like the last one,and when he sang it I could somehow connect.

"I finally asked you to dance on the last slow song and beneath that moon that was really a disco ball. I can still feel my head on your shoulder and hopin' that song would never be over,"he started, looking directly at me and I knew why.

He thought, like me, that these lyrics were written to describe us. The night we met, we slow danced under the moon. It brought back tons of good memories, along with bad ones.

"I haven't seen you in ages. Sometimes I find myself wondering where you are. For me you'll always be eighteen, and beautiful, and dancing away with my heart,"he sang, his voice slightly husky, his eyes closed. This was us if you change the eighteen to fifteen.

"I brushed your curls back so I could see your eyes and the way you moved me was like you were reading my mind. I can still feel you lean in to kiss me. I can't help but wonder if you ever miss me,"then he jumped into the chorus, his voice growing louder,"I haven't seen you in ages. Sometimes I find myself wondering where you are. To me you'll always be eighteen, and beautiful, and dancing away with my heart. You headed off to college at the end of that summer and we lost touch. I guess I didn't realize, even at the moment, we lost so much," After this he repeated the chorus and added a few repeats to pieces of the song.

I would think that he had written that song just for us if it weren't for some parts like the college and eighteen part.

"Thank you once again. I'm off to party for now,"he got off of the stage and made like he was coming in my direction.

Luckily, he was stopped multiple times by fans who complimented him and asked for autographs. Unluckily, he eventually made his way to stand before a conversing Clark and I.

"Hey Isabelle,"he greeted with a wide smile.

I greeted him back, but Clark pretended he wasn't there. I rammed my elbow into his side, making him glare at me.

"This is Clark, my boyfriend,"I introduced,"Clark, this is Luke, a...friend of mine."

"Hi Clark. Nice to meet you,"they shook hands,"How long have you two been together?"

"Two years in a little less than two months,"I responded.

"Whoa, that's a long time. So, Clark, do you go here?"

"Yeah,"was all he said, earning himself a glare from me.

"Clark, will you go get me a beer?"I asked, waving my empty bottle at him.