*Chapter 24*

*7 Months Later* 

Today is the day. Prom. The day that every teen girl dreams of since her freshman year. The day where you get to dress up like a princess and dance with your prince. And man, did I feel like a princess.

I was wearing a ball gown dress with a sparkly silver bust in a sweetheart neckline as the bottom flared out in a soft blue. My makeup was soft and sweet, with glitter spread across my lid and gloss covering my lips.

There was five more minutes until the limo came and the girls were supposed to be here soon. As if on cue, there was a knock on my door before it swung open to reveal Samantha and Jess. I gave them both a great big smile as I took in their amazing dresses.

Both of them had floor length dresses, just like me. I found it funny how easily their dresses matched their personalities. Jessica, in her beautiful mermaid dress in her favorite color, purple. It was sleeveless and had dark purple sequins all the way down until it flared out, where only streaks of sequins went down. Samantha was wearing a dress, that reminded me of a peacock, with its blue and green skirt and the sequined bust that formed a sweetheart neckline. Both of them beautiful in their own unique way.

Our hair however, we all wore up. Mine in a fancy shell bun, while Jess had braids scattered everywhere and then pinned up and Sam had hers in a side pin up. These boys are not going to know what hit them.

We all greeted each other and commented on the dresses, compliments being thrown around my bedroom. Then we all eagerly went downstairs, waiting for our chariot to arrive.

 I giggled, which was very unlike me, when there was a knock on the front door and the bell sounded. Just as I was about to get up and open it, my mom came hurrying into the room with a camera in hand. She swung the door open and happily greeted our dates, plus Sean and his girl for the night. She seemed nice, a pretty red head with bright green eyes.

My mom formed us all around, taking various pictures until I thought I was going to throw my heel at her.

"Mom! Enough with the pictures! We are going to be late!"I said, becoming frustrated.

"Okay. Okay,"she swatted, ushering us all out.

We headed to the shiny black limo, but Luke held me back while the others got in.

"You look beautiful tonight,"he smiled down at me, causing a blush to light my cheeks.

In stead of just accepting the comment, I said,"Do I not look beautiful every other day?"

He looked bewildered,"No, that's not what I meant. Of course you always look beautiful!"

I cut him off with a soft laugh,"It's fine,I was just teasing. We should join the others before they decide to drive away without us."

He chuckled as he led me to the elongated car and held my door open for me. I smiled graciously and, after we were both in, the driver took off in the direction of our Senior Prom.

This was going to be a good night. I could feel it.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 Without thinking, I gasped. The country club that our prom was held at had been turned into a white wonderland. There was glitter scattering the floor and white balloons placed everywhere. Over in the lobby there was a silver arch covered in twinkly lights where you could get your picture taken.

Aside from the packed dance floor, there were multiple tables with white cloths and a flickering candle as the center piece. Everywhere, there were girls in stunning dresses and guys in smart suits. It was your everyday prom, but I didn't care.