*Chapter 11*

<Luke's POV>

I was in shock as Isabelle pushed me out the door. I turned around to try to say something to her, but something in here eyes stopped me. We just looked into each other's eyes, and I could feel it building. Here face, the calm mask, began to slip. Then I saw a flash of hurt, so fast it left me questioning whether or not I actually saw it. Then she turned around and slammed the door in my face.

I stood there for a second more, before making it back to my car. I swung open the door and slammed it shut. I grumpily sat in the driver's seat. I let my head drop into my hands.

What the hell just happened? Isn't that what she wanted? Girls are so damn confusing! I jerked my head up and decided to drive away before she got suspicious. Good thing my windows were blacked out so that she couldn't see me.

I drove at least ten miles over the speed limit all the way back to my house. My mom didn't ask any questions when I came in and slammed the door before stomping my way out into the two door garage that my dad made into my bedroom.

I picked up my acoustic guitar and settled into my giant beanbag. Then I started to play the first song that came to my mind.

She rolled in

My little sandy town

She spent the summer there

A couple houses down

Well it was magic in the air

When she caught my eye

We spent three short months

And one long goodbye

She was the one that got away

The one that wrecked my heart

I should've never let her go

I should've begged her to stay

She was the one that got away

Yeah, the one that got away

I continued to sing The One That Got Away by Jake Owens. It reminded me of Isabelle. She was my one that got away. The worst part of it though, was that it was my fault. Jake Owens thought it was his fault? Hell no, he didn't even know the beginning. I left her behind. I'm the one that ruined it all.

My mom suddenly walked into my room with a tray of cookies and two glasses of milk.

"Just thought I'd let you compose yourself because a friend from school is waiting in the den,"she gave me a wink , placing the tray and glasses on my desk. Then she left.

I gave a big sigh and then followed her. What friend from school could it possibly be? I am a loner now. I don't have any true friends. Plus, none of my stalkers know my address, at least that I know of.

I peaked around the corner and my eyes widened in surprise when I saw that it was Jessica, Isabelle's best friend since childhood. She knew everything and a few years back she was in my tight circle of friends.

Oh God, I thought, She is gonna rip me a new one.

But she didn't. As I slowly made my way to the couch, trying to be cautious, she just turned to me and smiled. Like an actual smile. Not just a fake one that she might put on for my mom.

"Okay, well do you want to come in my room?"I finally asked her.

She didn't stutter, just looked me calmly in the eye and said,"Why not."